New Exercise Plan!

Options
I’m searching for a new exercise plan! Do you all have any suggestions on workouts that I can do that last between 30 to 35 minutes that burn a lot of calories??

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    If burning calories is your only stipulation, then you are looking for some form of cardio plan. My exercise plan would also include strength training to help keep muscle loss at a minimum, but that's not a big calorie burner.

Look at Fitness Blender.com for ideas. It's hard to be very specific without much information to go on.
    https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos

I like Jessica Smith.TV videos (free). Not necessarily the highest calorie burns, but she makes exercise enjoyable to me. https://www.youtube.com/user/jessicasmithtv
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    I like TurboFire, insanity, T25, or 30 day shred/ripped in 30
  • amandawhatup62
    amandawhatup62 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Right now, I switch between cardio and strength training every day. I guess my question should have been something along the lines of different moves I can do for strength training and what other options are there for cardio. I’ve been running, I do the elliptical, the arc machine, the bike, and the stair master, but I’m wanting to switch that up.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Right now, I switch between cardio and strength training every day. I guess my question should have been something along the lines of different moves I can do for strength training and what other options are there for cardio. I’ve been running, I do the elliptical, the arc machine, the bike, and the stair master, but I’m wanting to switch that up.

A lot of different strength programs to choose from here: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1

As far as cardio, anything that elevates your heart rate (and oxygen consumption) for a period of time can be a useful modality. Find something you enjoy and will consistently do. In addition to the things you've already mentioned, that could be stand-up paddleboarding, rowing, kayaking, skating (roller or ice), swimming, playing basketball, metabolic conditioning workouts, exercise videos (as mentioned above) - a million different possibilities, limited only by your interest and what you have available to you.
  • marcee1989
    marcee1989 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Pinterest! Great options for both 🙂
  • jogetsgains
    jogetsgains Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I went through Insanity (highly modified). It was good.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options

You don't want a random collection of "moves" - you want a balanced program that suits your goals and lifting experience. You will progress far faster.

The biggest option for cardio is indoors or outdoors. Indoors for me limits the duration and enjoyment, outdoors the world is yours to explore and enjoy. I do cardio training indoors when I have to but only to support/improve my outdoor cycling. But really think of what you enjoy whether that's solo exercise, classes or sports.

Yes you should "switch up" your cardio if you want your fitness to improve - speed/intensity/duration....
    Indoors I find interval work less dull than steady state but both have their place in a training plan.