Need help to lose 31kg by july 2019

Sachooos
Sachooos Posts: 3 Member
edited September 2018 in Health and Weight Loss
Hello can someone please help me and tell me the best way to lose weight.

Currently i eat around 1.8-2k calories a day , only drink water and dont eat any chocolates or sweets , i was 141kg 2 months ago and lost 10kg by going albania and camping for 4 weeks

I wanna lose weight because its my sisters wedding next year and I don’t want to look big like ive Always done and be embarrassed.

Please someone help.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    There is only one process by which a person loses weight - calorie deficit over time.
    There are many methods to achieve and sustain calorie deficit - more or less effective, and what's effective, is part logical/universal, and part individual/preference. Eating too little is not effective. Cutting out whole food groups, or your favorite foods, the same. Not being consistent, is also not effective. But food choices, meal timing, etc, is totally up to you.
    You will lose some weight by July next year if you eat less, for real and consistently. How much you can lose, is up to what calorie deficit you can sustain.
    Sticking to a healthy set of routines will not just make you more healthy, it can make you feel more confident, regardless of your weight.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    That should be easily doable with your stats (288 lb male losing 68 lbs in 10 months.) Start out with a goal of 2 lbs per week. At a certain point you'll downgrade that to 1 lb. But, truly, this is completely doable in a healthy and sustainable manner.
  • Sachooos
    How many times a week should i go gym and how many calories should i look to be burning,

Currently i go 5 times and lose around 5k calories according to the pure gym machines
  • 1BlueAurora
    1BlueAurora Posts: 439 Member
    Just a head's up: MFP's minimum calorie intake for a man trying to lose weight is 1500 per day. Don't go below that amount for the sake of your health. By the way, congratulations on your sustained weight loss progress so far. You're doing great!
  • Sachooos
    iji5hrvbg6ye.jpeg

Just smashed my own record for most calories lost in a hour am so happy with my self
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,339 Member
    Keep it going. :)