Should i eat more

Options
I am currently eating 3600 cals daily for 15 days now. Trying to get stronger. I am 6’7 and im asking if i should eat more than this app tells me to.

Replies

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    follow what the app says if you put accurate information into the calculator
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    15 days isn't long enough. Give it at least 4-6 weeks. If you are gaining like you should, stay at 3600. If you aren't gaining fast enough, eat more.
  • Sasho763
    Sasho763 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    follow what the app says if you put accurate information into the calculator
    So i shouldnt stuff more in, because it won’t matter if i do ?
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    The faster you gain weight, the more of it will be fat and not muscle.
  • Sasho763
    Options

I’ve gained about 7 pounds and feel f’in awesome
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Sasho763 wrote: »

Seven pounds in 15 days?!? :ohwell: That's quite the dirty bulk. Good luck.
  • TheSemideus
    TheSemideus Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am currently eating 3600 cals daily for 15 days now. Trying to get stronger. I am 6’7 and im asking if i should eat more than this app tells me to.
    Hey mate, so look there’s SO SO SO many variables in terms of calorie intake and macro nutrient requirements. I also appreciate there is a sea of misinformation and it’s overwhelming. Initially you need to take a step back and realise what your ACTUAL goals are.
    I get your looking to bulk up. But STOP right there for a second, and I don’t mean to sound harsh but are you already overweight? Take a look in the mirror and honestly review yourself. Are you already fat? Can you grip a good chunk of sub at the waist? If so, DO NOT BULK! Reason is due to your question it’s deadly in terms of result outcome.
    Simply put you’ll just get fatter. Yea you’ll build a lil muscle but who cares if you can’t see it.
    Every client of mine who have wanted to get “big” actually have in mind to get muscular, definition and look physically aesthetic. It’s actually scientifically proven to gain muscle easier when your body fat is lower.
    Every comp prep client always look bigger when they get leaner the reason is you start to see muscle separation and cuts which give the appearance of looking bigger because your more defined.
    The fact your asking what you should do on a bulk not to be rude means you shouldn’t be bulking at all yet.
    Lose some fat so you can see your abs. If you have no abs... your fat pal and bulking will make it harder later on to lose the fat your indefinitely going to add. Once your lean increase calories slowly by small increments and this will reduce the possibility of getting fatter.
    If you have fools telling you eat everything lalala expel them from your mind as there idiots and have no clue no matter how big or bench they are.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »

So if you are gaining weight and feeling good, why are you asking if you should change what you are doing? Is there some results you wanted to see that you aren't yet?

You always phrase things so much nicer than I can/would.
  • Sasho763
    Options

So if you are gaining weight and feeling good, why are you asking if you should change what you are doing? Is there some results you wanted to see that you aren't yet?

I meant, that if eat more will i gain muscle faster or it’ll be just fat.
  • Sasho763
    Options
    Hey mate, so look there’s SO SO SO many variables in terms of calorie intake and macro nutrient requirements. I also appreciate there is a sea of misinformation and it’s overwhelming. Initially you need to take a step back and realise what your ACTUAL goals are.
    I get your looking to bulk up. But STOP right there for a second, and I don’t mean to sound harsh but are you already overweight? Take a look in the mirror and honestly review yourself. Are you already fat? Can you grip a good chunk of sub at the waist? If so, DO NOT BULK! Reason is due to your question it’s deadly in terms of result outcome.
    Simply put you’ll just get fatter. Yea you’ll build a lil muscle but who cares if you can’t see it.
    Every client of mine who have wanted to get “big” actually have in mind to get muscular, definition and look physically aesthetic. It’s actually scientifically proven to gain muscle easier when your body fat is lower.
    Every comp prep client always look bigger when they get leaner the reason is you start to see muscle separation and cuts which give the appearance of looking bigger because your more defined.
    The fact your asking what you should do on a bulk not to be rude means you shouldn’t be bulking at all yet.
    Lose some fat so you can see your abs. If you have no abs... your fat pal and bulking will make it harder later on to lose the fat your indefinitely going to add. Once your lean increase calories slowly by small increments and this will reduce the possibility of getting fatter.
    If you have fools telling you eat everything lalala expel them from your mind as there idiots and have no clue no matter how big or bench they are.

I see my abs i was on the border between underweight and normal weight. Was 165 pounds now im 171-172.
  • quiksylver296
    Options

I answered that.
  • TheSemideus
    TheSemideus Posts: 9 Member
    Options

I see my abs i was on the border between underweight and normal weight. Was 165 pounds now im 171-172.

You look pretty lean In your face tbh so yea you’ll have no probs bulking.
    Stick to the MyFitnessPal recommendations for a bit brother. Make sure you gets your carbs. For muscle. CARBS CARBS CARBS of course protein but carbs are so important for muscle growth.
    In terms of training if you’d like any advice. Periodisation. Maybe add me and I’ll post on my status what I’m doing for hypertrophy periodization? May be of help to you however it’s gruelling. Have you got a Fitbit? Great tool to see how much your actually burning and adjustment of calorie intake is easy from that if you ever have any hesitation
  • quiksylver296
    Options

:lol: Thanks, I try.

7 lbs in 2 weeks is a lot already. I believe in a perfect world, men can gain maybe 2 - 4 lbs of muscle per month? Someone with more knowledge please correct me if I'm wrong on that. So once you're gaining over 1 lb per week, anything more is most likely going to just be fat. If you started underweight, there's no harm in gaining a little bit more fat in the beginning, but generally once you get to a healthy weight, gaining more than 1 lb per week is probably overkill.

***I'm not a pro, just a concerned citizen :smile:

Correct.
  • Sasho763
    Options

You look pretty lean In your face tbh so yea you’ll have no probs bulking.
    Stick to the MyFitnessPal recommendations for a bit brother. Make sure you gets your carbs. For muscle. CARBS CARBS CARBS of course protein but carbs are so important for muscle growth.
    In terms of training if you’d like any advice. Periodisation. Maybe add me and I’ll post on my status what I’m doing for hypertrophy periodization? May be of help to you however it’s gruelling. Have you got a Fitbit? Great tool to see how much your actually burning and adjustment of calorie intake is easy from that if you ever have any hesitation

Haven’t got a fitbit. I am doing stronglifts 5x5 for now and im making proggress. I noticed that i i eat more fat than i should (10% more). I cover the carbs but i cant cover the 170 g of protein which is recomennded (i cover about 150)
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,397 MFP Moderator
    edited September 2018
    Options

Seven pounds in 15 days?!? :ohwell: That's quite the dirty bulk. Good luck.

Initial increases can largely be water, glycogen, additional food waste and sodium adjustments... No different that weight loss.

Id check it out the next 2 weeks to see what those gains are before adjusting.

Op, Stronglift is a good beginners workout, but after a few months, you may want to switch to something that has a bit more volume.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1