When do you log exercise?

Options
I wanted to know everyone's thoughts on when to log exercise. Do you log them into MFP after you complete the workout or do you log it 1st thing in the morning?

Just trying to figure out the best plan for me and need some ideas!

:bigsmile:

Replies

• tashacan
    tashacan Posts: 121
    Options
    I log mine after I complete them....just in case something comes up and I am not able to do what I had planned.
  • CraftyGirl4
    CraftyGirl4 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I log mine after I complete them....just in case something comes up and I am not able to do what I had planned.

Same here.
  • soniaa777
    soniaa777 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    i log fresh off the treadmill . as soon as you are done u should log so you remember exactly what u did and can make notes on your effort or progress.
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    After... I wear an HRM with a chest strap so I never know how many calories I burn until I'm done.
  • eates
    eates Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    After... I wear an HRM with a chest strap so I never know how many calories I burn until I'm done.
    What she said...
  • NicLiving
    NicLiving Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I have to log them as I do them or else I'd forget key info like calories burned, weights, etc.
  • tyadrake
    tyadrake Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I also log straight after I am done with my workout- sometimes I will log my cardio while I am between sets on the weight machines
  • janetj518
    Options
    Because I am not always at home, I keep a little log on my phone, then log all at the end of the day.
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    When I didn't have a HRM I logged before to a) make sure I did it and b) so I made sure I would eat most of my calories back.

Now I log after since I have a HRM, but I also workout in the morning.
  • MsCandyLynn
    Options

Ditto!!!
  • salmat77
    salmat77 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    wow okay thanks guys..

I work out in the evening, so when I work out I always have this extra calories to eat and when its after 8 I try not to eat, how do I plan for that?
  • papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    Options

same
  • alohabrie
    alohabrie Posts: 204
    Options
    I never log early - always immediately (ish) after. Don't know how much energy I'll have for the workout.
  • ceirawillsucceed
    ceirawillsucceed Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    i log mine at the end of the day to make sure i am completely finished as MFP groups all workouts togther.
  • tammykoon
    tammykoon Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I log mine after I am done. That way I can be more accurate. Many times things in life happen that shorten how long I thought I would be exercising. Some days I am blessed to go longer. This is important to me because I need to get in at least 1200 NET calories or I don't feel well.
  • giaciccone
    giaciccone Posts: 257
    Options
    I only log after I complete it.
    If I'm doing the Wii Fit especially & I've done a bunch of different exercises, I just log at the very end.
    It saves time & it doesn't allow me to cheat on my diary (because marking it in the morning could screw with me).
  • Amo_Angelus
    Amo_Angelus Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    estimate, look at how much you generally burn off then work that much into your allowance, then log what you do and hope it averages out?
  • KHaverstick
    KHaverstick Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    wow okay thanks guys..

I work out in the evening, so when I work out I always have this extra calories to eat and when its after 8 I try not to eat, how do I plan for that?

I just always try to keep in mind a general amount of calories that I plan to burn in my evening workouts (based on previous days), and try to eat more calories in snacks/meals throughout the day. But I don't actually log the exercise until I do it.
  • Rikki444
    Rikki444 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Often..... after I complete them because I tend to change my mind about what workout to do.... but when I am certain that I am going to do something and for how long.... I absolutely log it pre-workout. It does help to plan my meals.... how to fuel up and prepare for it.
  • brocantrs
    brocantrs Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Immediately after finishing!

!