Can I make my boyfriend more caring?

Options

Replies

• MrSith
    MrSith Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Some people aren't as sympathetic or empathetic as others. Talk to him about how it bothers you and see if he is even aware of it. Or if he has a problem with it.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    IMO, habits an be formed/changed if he wants them to. Attitudes can't.
  • Mean_Spice
    Mean_Spice Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Have you made him a shammich yet? If that does not work, time to invest your emotions to something else.

pulled-pork-grilled-cheese-recipe-fp.jpg
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I've had excellent results using a combination of electro-convulsive therapy, a regimen of pharmacological treats and intensive behavioral conditioning.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    If you feel like you need to change the person you are with then you are not with the right person.

Sage advice from a horse

Horses know much more than we tend to give them credit for. They are very sensitive animals.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Tell him no sex until he starts being more caring.

That'll work...
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    I feel like there's a bareback comment in here somewhere...
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    If you feel like you need to change the person you are with then you are not with the right person.

Sage advice from a horse

Horses know much more than we tend to give them credit for. They are very sensitive animals.

How sensitive?

Do they cry at couple movies?

Do not let them watch the notebook, bad idea

Maggie is more of a RomCom kinda girl. She likes "over he dead body" the best, lots of laughs
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Can you make your boyfriend more caring?
    Short answer: no.
    Long answer: absolutely not.
  • TravisJHunt
    TravisJHunt Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Q: Can I make my boyfriend more caring?

A: No.
    ^ This.

You can't make a guy anything but a sandwich. And you're not going to be able to change him until he's old enough to need diapers.

If what you want is something not super serious, with someone whose definition of loving you includes needing to be told when to care about something important to you, you're set. If not, you're not going to get what you do want from this guy.

But if she made my a sandwich I might care more!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    i agree @ACanadian22
    idk if he is or isn't. but i'm not very verbal with my caring. and very forgetful. i don't communicate very well but it doesn't mean my actions aren't caring. i don't say it, i do it.
  • Pour_Decisions
    Pour_Decisions Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Who says he isn't caring? Maybe he does care. Just because you don't mention something doesn't mean you don't care. When people tell me something personal like that(especially if it makes them upset), I let them bring it up. And no.....You not only can't change someone....You should take them as is!

I agree with this and disagree with everyone automatically judging him as being an uncaring jerk. Everyone is different and shows feelings in different ways. If you love each other like you say, don't try to change him. No one is perfect.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    No. Hes toast.
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Options
    You can't change anyone. All you can do is tell him what bothers you and hope that he will be receptive and change. If he doesn't change, you will have to decide how much it bothers you and take actions from there.