Using weight loss drugs

Options
Hi there. I've been losing weight steadily over the past 2.5 months by counting calories. I am also taking 15mgs of Duromine 5 days a week with a break now and then. Please dont bombard this post with negative effects of the drug I made an informed decision to take it. I was wondering if anyone else is taking it too and how is it working for you. Or have you taken it stopped and rebounded?

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,140 Member
    Options
    There are many posts on Phentermine (which is essentially what this is) including this one which was still running active yesterday

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10641656/taken-phentermine-no-critics-please-looking-for-experiences-of-those-who-have-taken-it/p1
  • tanyamum
    tanyamum Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that I appreciate that view. I have just had 10 days off just for a break and still lost and had no side affects at all. I have adjusted my food as well and am less hungry with or without it. Thanks again 😁
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Ideally to prevent tachyphylaxis/tolerance, best utilized 4 weeks on, then 4 weeks off (hammer down diet, kcal counting activity during this time). It won't be very helpful if you don't put in the commitment to making lifestyle changes; more of an aid in transitioning

Alternative cardiovascular system friendly drug = liraglutide (SAXENDA) - injectable drug, might be pricey still with insurance (check formulary). Yet another low impact cardiovascular med is Orlistat...generally not well tolerated (oily stool if consuming excessive dietary fat whilst taking...as punishment of course; joking, really due to drug's mechanism of action)
  • tanyamum
    tanyamum Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Thankyou my last pack of 30 lasted me more than a month so I'm taking it easy. Yes I have totally changed my outlook on food and I really think I can do this. Thanks for your advice