Options
JMed29
JMed29 Posts: 94 Member
What you guys think about keto diet?

Replies

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I think it's effective for some people with regards to compliance due to reduced hunger, but not everyone experiences that effect. I think that for other people it is not effective, due to the restrictive nature of the diet.
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    Works for some.

Doesn't work for others.

I personally find it too restrictive, a lot of other people don't.
  • Sloth2016
    Sloth2016 Posts: 846 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    For specific advice on keto, you might try joining this MFP group: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum

Best of luck!
  • fabiee82
    fabiee82 Posts: 2 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I think the Keto diet gives you lots of choices. I started a week ago and I lost 8lbs, could be water weight but I have been consistent with it. Looking forward to losing more weight.
  • CNG24
    CNG24 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I love it and I think everyone is on it...at least that's what the empty shelves say at Walmart...bahaha
  • oohlala_alex
    oohlala_alex Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It has been the only diet I’ve been able to stick to and not feel miserable. It works for me and even though I wasn’t looking to lose weight going into it I have already dropped an additional four pounds since starting and I energy wise I feel fantastic.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,809 Member
    Options
    It would be hateful for me and counter-productive - massively restricting or even eliminating foods that I enjoy and are good for me.

A good choice for some people. However, often people seem to blunder into it without properly researching it or alternatively researching it using truly appalling information sources.

The grumpy old man in me wishes people would try it for the right reasons rather than because it's currently in vogue.