How much more weight should I lose/ what should I improve?

Options
missjualexandria
missjualexandria Posts: 1 Member
edited September 2018 in Motivation and Support
I’m 5’7” hviosjpxrc53.jpeg and 140 pounds. Down 145lb so far. I’ve found that as soon as I hit 22 it’s harder to lose weight around my stomach area. I currently do intermittent fasting and I eat 1200 calories give or take. I also walk a lot, so Pilates and yoga. Any advice would be much appreciated. How much more weight should I lose to look my best? Also, what body type do I have?

Replies

• ACanadian22
    ACanadian22 Posts: 377 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    You have done amazing. Your waistline is very visible just the bottoms that you are wearing look snug. As far as how much weight to lose? That is up to you and are you happy the weight you are now? I think you look very nice. As far as bodytype? I am thinking an hourglass but it is hard to tell with what you have on for bottoms. Are they snug?
  • ACanadian22
    ACanadian22 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    So, am I the only one who had to come back and see again that this lady has no stretch marks....You Go girl!! Just so inspiring!!
  • tapscottjulie5581
    Options
    So, am I the only one who had to come back and see again that this lady has no stretch marks....You Go girl!! Just so inspiring!!

Omg thank you! But trust me I have some on my back. A few years ago I weighed 160 pounds because I was on anti depressants and lost it all and I was down to 135lb then I recently gained 10 pounds again. I’m surprised I don’t have more!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    You look really great and have done an amazing job.. it looks like you are right in the middle of your BMI at a healthy weight. You need to look to yourself for your answer. If you are tired of dieting, why not maintain for a while.. or stop all together and just maintain and work out.

But you look really good.. not flabby..not fat one bit.. congratulations.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Options
    Great work on losing the 145lbs. How long did it take you?

Going into maintenance and following a good lifting programme (recomp), as stated above would be a good move.
    If, after ~6 month you are not starting to see the results you want, try a small, 250 cal deficit (0.5lbs a week) to drop those extra pounds.

Cheers, h.
  • countcurt
    countcurt Posts: 593 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Looking your best is a subjective determination. Keep in mind though, whatever weight you attain you’ll also want to maintain. The body fat issue is more dependent upon your exercise program. At a constant weight, as you build muscle, you’ll shed fat.

Body type? I’d go with human.

Congrats on your success thus far.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

Going into maintenance and following a good lifting programme (recomp), as stated above would be a good move.
    If, after ~6 month you are not starting to see the results you want, try a small, 250 cal deficit (0.5lbs a week) to drop those extra pounds.

Cheers, h.

This is how I first read it too, but then with this post:

Omg thank you! But trust me I have some on my back. A few years ago I weighed 160 pounds because I was on anti depressants and lost it all and I was down to 135lb then I recently gained 10 pounds again. I’m surprised I don’t have more!

I think OP means that she has recently lost from 145 down to 140.

OP, take a look at these threads:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10177803/recomposition-maintaining-weight-while-losing-fat/p1

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1
  • mazurkiepolish
    mazurkiepolish Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    You look really good. Congrats on the loss.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options

Cheers, h.

I don't think you have any extra pounds.. you look great. if you wanted to lose more.. it would just be personal choice...but no one would think you were overweight.