Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

How can I get more calcium without calories and carbs?

I need to increase my calcium intake but it seems many options have calories and carbs. I am not a fan of cottage cheese or yogurt so I find it difficult. Any ideas?

Replies

• melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Your only option with no calories or carbs will be a calcium supplement.
  • lulabellarama
    lulabellarama Posts: 96 Member
    Veggies in the cabbage family, so broccoli, kale, greens etc. AND virtually calorie free!
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    leafty greens & beans!
  • jbucci1186
    jbucci1186 Posts: 440 Member
    calcium supplement
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Gnaw on some bones - or get some bone meal

Or if you want to be complicated I suppose you could just take a calcium supplement.
  • I have been eating TONS of strawberries they are like 3 times the amount of calcium that and spinach is good :)
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    coconut milk? I it is 90 cals a serving and 9 carbs. Not that bad and tastes amazing!
  • skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    almond milk....i drink unsweetened (its not that bad at all, it tastes amazing actually!) 35 calories a cup, 45% calcium. seeing i am lactose intolerant, it helps with my dairy
    tums could work too, 100% calcium and about 10 calories for two tablets.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Gnaw on some bones - or get some bone meal

Or if you want to be complicated I suppose you could just take a calcium supplement.

My monitor appreciates the water and spit now. Thank you.
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    I have been eating TONS of strawberries they are like 3 times the amount of calcium that and spinach is good :)

spinach & strawberry salad is so delicious... what a bonus on the calcium!
  • jbucci1186
    jbucci1186 Posts: 440 Member
    also, almond milk (unsweetened has 35-40 cals depending on the brand and quite a bit of calcium and low carb)
  • lmc1015
    lmc1015 Posts: 9
    Thank you for all your input and support. I should have mentioned I tend to go over my protein goal for the day too so I am not sure spinach or beans would would factor in but I think they are both high in protein. The calcium supplement seems like a good option or possibly the almond or coconut milk. Will give these ideas a go and see how I do! Thanks again!!