Best protein bars that taste like a treat?

Options

Replies

• kmv1431
    kmv1431 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Balance chocolate chip mint bars are very good.
  • laurabini
    laurabini Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    346043-Trek-Protein-Flapjack-Cocoa-Oat-50g.jpg

179.jpg

these are my favourites :p
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Nature Valley Protein Dark Chocolate/Peanuts. I like them better than Snickers bars because of the dark chocolate.

These are ace! Am I the only one who doesn't care for Quest bars? To me they taste funny and the texture sux
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    whitpauly wrote: »
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Nature Valley Protein Dark Chocolate/Peanuts. I like them better than Snickers bars because of the dark chocolate.

These are ace! Am I the only one who doesn't care for Quest bars? To me they taste funny and the texture sux

Yes, the one and only Quest bar I had was nasty. I blame the Sucralose. Yuck.
  • shortie555
    shortie555 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy the Costco ones too! Cookie dough and peanut butter are great. For those of you who have had quest bars - do they hurt your stomach? I’m okay with the Costco ones but I’m slightly worried about trying the quest ones since I’ve heard some people didn’t feel well after.
    Thanks so much!
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    shortie555 wrote: »
    I really enjoy the Costco ones too! Cookie dough and peanut butter are great. For those of you who have had quest bars - do they hurt your stomach? I’m okay with the Costco ones but I’m slightly worried about trying the quest ones since I’ve heard some people didn’t feel well after.
    Thanks so much!

If you are okay with sugar alcohols (which I think are in the Costco ones) then you'll likely be okay. They also pack quite a bit of fiber, so if fiber is an irritant for you, then they might cause some issues.

I eat a lot of protein bars, and occasionally they will give me some stomach gurgles but nothing exceptionally painful. If you are really worried, eat one on a day that you don't have to go out. Then if it bothers your stomach, you're not stuck at work.
  • brandy_losinit
    brandy_losinit Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am glad i ran across this post. I have never had too good of luck finding yummy bars. I will try the costco bars. I really enjoy the premiere protein shakes (caramel and strawberry are my fav) 30 grams of protein and do fill me up while shutting down my sweet tooth's cravings.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Another vote for the Kirkland (Costco) protein bars. I like both the taste and texture way better than Quest bars, and they're less than half the price. In order of preference of the flavors I've tried, Peanut Butter Chunk > Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough > Chocolate Brownie > Cookies and Cream. The first two are pretty much a tie, and the Cookies and Cream was the most 'meh' of all of them (IMO).

Cbean08 wrote: »
    If you are okay with sugar alcohols (which I think are in the Costco ones) then you'll likely be okay. They also pack quite a bit of fiber, so if fiber is an irritant for you, then they might cause some issues...
    They do have 4g of erythritol (and 15g fiber). They don't bother my stomach at all, but that's very much a YMMV thing.
  • carlijones1982
    carlijones1982 Posts: 4 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Another vote for carb killa. Expensive but amazing. Try popping them in the microwave for 10 secs...and IIFYM pair with a scoop of vanilla Halo Top.
  • LindsayIsFit
    LindsayIsFit Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    BSN Syntha-6 Protein Crisp in the flavor Chocolate Crunch. I buy them by the box online. I tried the Peanut Butter Crunch but was not a big fan (I'm picky about PB flavor). The texture of these bars is so satisfying!
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    My favorite protein bars are Thinkthin not necessarily for the taste (they're not like a candy bar) but they do taste good and keep me full between meals,I just didn't mention them cuz again they're not very treat like
  • PennyP312
    PennyP312 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Fit crunch bars by Rober Irvine.
    Candy bar all the way
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Quest is my go-to protein bar. I microwave them for 20 seconds and that really brings out the flavor. I love most of the chocolate and peanut butter ones. Birthday cake and waffle are also super tasty. Just don't nuke the waffle one to long or your syrup will run out of the bar. :D
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I personally don't think any protein bar I tried compares to actual candy bars, but I found BSN Protein Crisp bars to be more acceptable than others.
  • happytree923
    happytree923 Posts: 463 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    All Quest products are completely vile imo. FitCrunch chocolate peanut butter bars are a lot like candy to me- I haven't tried any of the other flavors but it's layered like a candy bar with a biscuit, peanut butter, etc covered in chocolate.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I love the Builder's Protein bars; they have a really tasty mint chocolate one and a vanilla one I love. They can have a bit of a grainy mouth feel, but they fill me up and are a great between meals snack if I'm lower on calories for the day. I also really like the Balance bars, specifically the mint chocolate one! (If you can't tell, I'm a mint chocolate fan.)
  • PWRLFTR1
    PWRLFTR1 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Chef Robert Irvine's Fit Crunch
  • shortie555
    shortie555 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Ok thanks so much everyone! Once I experiment I will let you guys know :)
  • alexa0ne
    alexa0ne Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    https://www.menshealth.com/nutrition/g19519889/best-protein-bars-for-men/

Hope you can find what you need on these lists.
  • abbynormalartist
    abbynormalartist Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I love the Think Thin brownie crunch bars. Pure Protein are really good too.