Frustrated!!!!! 2 weeks no weight loss

I've been following Weight Watchers for over a year and hit a plateau so I decided to do my points along with MFP - it was great for 2 weeks my weight loss kicked up to 1.6 per week but the last couple of weeks I gained .02 and .04 the following week - I end up with 1 or 200 calories left at the end of the day after the add in from exercise based on calories burned I should be losing but I'm not - UGH!!!!! (I get between 12,500 to 15,000 steps per day!!! Anyone have any suggestions???

Replies

• sarahlucindac
    sarahlucindac Posts: 235 Member
    Are you using a food scale? The closer you get to goal weight, the more precise you need to be about how many calories you’re consuming.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Have you adjusted your expectations after you've lost weight? The lower weight you have, the slower it can come off.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Did you pick the right settings? If you selected your activity based on your steps, then add it as exercise you may be eating too much...
  • countcurt
    countcurt Posts: 593 Member
    Eat less. Works just about every time.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited September 2018
    Are you using a food scale? The closer you get to goal weight, the more precise you need to be about how many calories you’re consuming.

This^^

Check out this thread, and @sarahlucindac's input on page 13.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10634517/you-dont-use-a-food-scale/p1
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Are you saying you gained .02 and .04? That's just daily fluctuations, you may have an extra ounce of poop or retained a little water. If you're not losing, you're eating at maintenance. I certainly wouldn't freak out and call that gaining. It also sounds like you've set yourself up for a fairly aggressive weight loss. Go for a half pound per week loss and give it some time. And, get a food scale. If you don't have a lot to lose, you need to be diligent about your intake. Congrats on your loss so far and above all, don't give up!
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Your profile says you have less than 20 lbs left to go. You shouldn't at this point be expecting to lose more than 1 lb per week, and it's perfectly normal not to see a loss, or sometimes even to see a gain for a couple of weeks every once and awhile - those are normal weight fluctuations. You have lots of other stuff in your body, and that stuff shows up on the scale too.

Log accurately and consistently, try using a food scale as often as possible if you aren't already, and be patient - the closer you get to goal, the less wiggle room you have and the slower it goes. :drinker:
  • WanderlustSoul__
    WanderlustSoul__ Posts: 12 Member
    edited September 2018
    I am a lifetime WW member... WW has changed so much with their points system and I decided to join MFP. I would only follow one weight loss program and stick with that. Up your activity and change up your eating habits a bit. It will start coming off again. :smile:
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Besides the above advice understand weight loss isn't linear. Weigh your food, log everything you consume with accurate entries (no generic or homemade), have patience. Give any new plan 4-6 weeks of no change (scale, measurements or pictures) before deciding to change.