Tall is tough!!

Options
2»

Replies

• jfields42
    Options
    You should be happy being tall though. Imo, weight gain is much less noticeable on tall people. Plus, we get that long lean built. :)
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6".

I put on 10 pounds of fat it looks like 30, if I put on 10 pounds of muscle it looks like 30.

exactly! u short stubby guys are cheaters!!

Stop your bellyachin lol. =)
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6".

I put on 10 pounds of fat it looks like 30, if I put on 10 pounds of muscle it looks like 30.

Yeah, at least taller guys don't need a step stool to reach to top shelf at home.
  • joejccva71
    Options
    I'm 5'6".

Yeah, at least taller guys don't need a step stool to reach to top shelf at home.

Wait...you use a step stool?:huh:

I was just jumping up and down moving something closer to the edge until it fell and I caught it.
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6".

Ummm......I'm 5'6", I can't reach anything past the very front part of the top shelf of our cupboards without a stool or chair. Yeah, I do the jump up and tip it off sort of thing too but still have to get a chair to get the stuff at the back.
  • joejccva71
    Options
    I'm 5'6".

Ummm......I'm 5'6", I can't reach anything past the very front part of the top shelf of our cupboards without a stool or chair. Yeah, I do the jump up and tip it off sort of thing too but still have to get a chair to get the stuff at the back.

See bro, the idea is to not put anything up there in the first place when you buy groceries. haha.
  • sarantonio
    sarantonio Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6".

See bro, the idea is to not put anything up there in the first place when you buy groceries. haha.

This cracks me up...I guess tall has its advantages...I can shop over people...only problem is old ladies follow me...lol
  • datzun
    datzun Posts: 198
    Options
    I'm 6'4". I've lost around 30 lbs total (not all through MPF). People did notice...and now I'm apparently 'too skinny' or 'thin as a rail'. :(

I also typically put things up in high places just to watch short people struggle to reach them. ;D
  • bookworm_1213
    bookworm_1213 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I can understand the tall issue, at 5'11 it works both ways, I can gain weight and it not show, but I can also lose some weight and it not show. Sort of how I ended up needing MFP currently.
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    .....and also that we naturally weigh more....and that little petite builds get to say oh I'm a size (something low) whilst carrying extra weight, whereas we'd have to starve ourselves to be the same size...yes, I'm feeling it! 5'7 here!