Women Only! Sorry guys you can't offer me any help LOL!

Options
2»

Replies

• peripah
    peripah Posts: 120
    Options
    I usually gain 2-3 pounds but it disappears after a few days. The weight doesn't bother me as much as the bloat. Blah.
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    Well ive only had mine for about 20 years now so I dont really have it figured out yet get back to me in 15 more years
    It's amazing how true that is. Some people will joke or admonish saying 'You should know already' but it's not something I really track and only think about it when I notice it. That's one of the reasons I'm logging weight even if it is TOM so I can look back. I think I gain a couple pounds, but not more than 5.
  • CapitalE
    CapitalE Posts: 30
    Options
    Yeah man, I don't know if I gain during it - but how much bigger I look and feel is such a bummer.

Does anyone know if midol helps handle this? their adds say it treats bloating. that seems to good to be true.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Mirena..... no babies. no TOM.
  • cloudj9
    cloudj9 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    is this one for real? lol
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I gain, though I don't know how much as I've not weighed. I seem to gain around 2 inches on my waist and maybe an inch on the bust, which goes down about 2 days in. I usually find just before I start I get really down about having plateaued and being all fat, then a few days later I make a huge leap down in size/weight, then plateau again for the next month.
  • FallonMCal
    Options
    You are probably just retaining water. The bloating some experience is from retaining water. You will find it goes away soon after that lovely monthly experience leaves you.
  • Mamapengu
    Mamapengu Posts: 250
    Options
    Well ive only had mine for about 20 years now so I dont really have it figured out yet get back to me in 15 more years
    It's amazing how true that is. Some people will joke or admonish saying 'You should know already' but it's not something I really track and only think about it when I notice it. That's one of the reasons I'm logging weight even if it is TOM so I can look back. I think I gain a couple pounds, but not more than 5.

and once you think you've figured it out, it all changes. I thought my sister was teasing me when she told me that, but as usual, Big sister knows...
  • CandyR1018
    CandyR1018 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I too have the mirena, so not much of a period. Prior to kids, I would gain a MINIMUM of 5 lbs and eat like a horse, that's not even including the cravings!
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    I used to get mega cravings and eat more, but the last couple of months its not been too bad since ive been more consistent with taking evening primrose oil
  • mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    It's all in the pants

With that profile picture, just about fell out of my coach laughing.