Dominos - really?

Options
2»

Replies

• xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    how many times do we have to go over this..

usually these ads are what are called advertising cookies. what it means is, whatever you've searched for or whatever websites you've visted through your browser, cookies are stored. cookies basically make frequently visted web pages load faster. they are stored on your browser...so..what mfp and other sites like google do is access your browsers cookies and see whats in them to tailor ads to you.

so you only have yourself to blame for pizza ads..get over it
  • _CowgirlUp_
    _CowgirlUp_ Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    It's probably random ads for you then. Google does this thing where it targets ads to your interests. If it doesn't pick up on any (maybe you don't shop online?) it'll pick some for you, randomly. ALL the places I shop from online often show up in my ads when I'm on MFP. Victoria's Secret, Venus, Kohls, ZUMBA! etc. It's not MFP, it's their advertisers. No big deal. Just shop online for things you WANT ads for. LOL Seriously.
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Papa Johns is on the top of my screen as I type this.... RAWR
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,119 Member
    Options

usually these ads are what are called advertising cookies. what it means is, whatever you've searched for or whatever websites you've visted through your browser, cookies are stored. cookies basically make frequently visted web pages load faster. they are stored on your browser...so..what mfp and other sites like google do is access your browsers cookies and see whats in them to tailor ads to you.

friendly
  • jessbennett1986
    Options

friendly
    :laugh: exactly what I was thinking
  • Suziq2you
    Suziq2you Posts: 396 Member
    Options

friendly
    Me, too.
  • unhinge
    unhinge Posts: 318 Member
    Options

friendly

Yep
  • maximkat
    maximkat Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'd agree with the cookies on the computer thing, except i'm getting pizza adds here at work (shhh) and home. I don't eat pizza at work, so I've never looked it up here. The last time I had any pizza at all was back in March I think and I certainly didn't look it up online to order it (there is a go to organic pizza place in town). In addition to this, I clear cookies on almost a weekly basis. Thankfully I eat so many times during the day and such small portions, that even if i did have pizza i could probably eat no more than a slice and a half, yay me. Anyways, if we want the site to stay free, it's the small price to pay, and this site offers a lot, so I'll deal with. :)
  • NewVonnie
    NewVonnie Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Everyone gets ads on here or it wouldnt be able to remain free..at the top of the page and the side depending where on the site you are there will be banner ads

I'm a dumb *kitten* ..LOL..because evidently I'm totally wrong. But hey..I dont mind admitting when I'm wrong.

:ohwell:
  • Kerlingk
    Kerlingk Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info.. good to know!!!