Fit and Fun Sized Group for August 2011

Options
2»

Replies

• babygurl1
    babygurl1 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Everything went well. Colonoscopy was clear and hernia is repaired. I am taking my pain meds every 4hrs on schedule because it is pretty painful right now. I am up and moving around though. I hope to cut down on the meds here soon. I can shower and take the bandage off tomorrow...that can't come soon enough. I hate not being able to shower! I hope everyone is having a great day. : )
  • Ittee
    Ittee Posts: 285
    Options
    Everything went well. Colonoscopy was clear and hernia is repaired. I am taking my pain meds every 4hrs on schedule because it is pretty painful right now. I am up and moving around though. I hope to cut down on the meds here soon. I can shower and take the bandage off tomorrow...that can't come soon enough. I hate not being able to shower! I hope everyone is having a great day. : )

Glad everything went well, and hope you get to enjoy a nice shower soon, as well as being pain free.
  • sweetsapphire85
    Options

Glad everything turned out well, hope you have a quick and speedy recovery!
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Babygurl - I am so glad everything went well. Hang in there and best wishes for a speedy recovery! Jeannie
  • jam0525
    Options
    hello - How is everyone doing?

How did you do over the weekend? Those are always hard for me because of family and having too much to do in just two days.

Jeannie
  • daybyday
    daybyday Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    hello - How is everyone doing?

How did you do over the weekend? Those are always hard for me because of family and having too much to do in just two days.

Jeannie
    /quote]

Doing well, how about you?

I didn't do so great over the weekend. Tomorrow we take our firstborn son to college so admittedly I have been emotional eating. I am however pretty much walking on my own now since foot surgery in June. The no exercise is killing me! I tried out the elliptical last week but it felt "weird" so I did not continue.

Anyway - hoping to be back full swing soon!!
  • daybyday
    Options

Good to hear you are doing well!! Pain meds are good when you need them but great when you can stop them. Not being able to shower is no fun!!
  • Ittee
    Ittee Posts: 285
    Options
    I did fine on food all except one day and I did great on being active daily.
  • astrosnider
    astrosnider Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I'm 65 years old, 5'3" in height and weigh 155. I would love to be 135 or less! I think it's really tough to lose weight when you are both short and getting older. I work out or walk every day, keep the calories at about 1200-1400 per day and find it very hard to lose more than 1 or 2 pounds a month.
  • bschutt
    bschutt Posts: 8
    Options
    I would love to be in this group! I am just over 5'1" and definately understand how difficult it can be for us shorties to lose weight. I am in my first week using a Bodybugg and I LOVE it!!! It's taking the guesswork out of how many calories I need to take in to have a healthy defecit. I was underestimating my calorie burn before, eating around 1200-1400 calories and not losing anything. Love finding out I need to eat more :)
  • jam0525
    Options
    DaybyDay - My two kids just started their Junior year of high school and I am already sad thinking of them going off to college. I can only imagine how it feels.

bschutt & astrosnider - welcome! You have joined by posting.

Bschutt - my daily goal is 1300 calories a day. At 1200 I am hungry all the time and end up going over too often and by too much. what is a bodybugg?

Astrosnider - I was at 155 for a long time. It is slow going. Hang in there.

Have to go to another boring meeting. Have a great day everyone,

Jeannie
  • jam0525
    Options
    Off to Minnesota tomorrow for 5 days. Anyone in the Twin City area? If so, maybe we can meet and go for a walk somewhere. I will not have that much free time in between the wedding and family reunion cookout, but would love to meet up with you if we can work it out.

Jeannie
  • 1a1a
    1a1a Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    *sings the Iggy pop song* "I'm only 5 foot 1" and 156lbs (or 71 kilos if you think metric like I).
  • bschutt
    bschutt Posts: 8
    Options
    The Bodybugg is an amazing little gadget that you wear on your upper arm and it tracks your calorie burn with over 90% accuracy :) I was underestimating my BMR and I think by eating around 1200-1400 calories, I've been in starvation mode rather than fat-burning mode. This furnace needs more fuel! :) I <3 weightlifting!!!
  • daybyday
    Options
    Good morning Fit and Fun Sized Pals!! I am finally walking alone on my own 2 feet (after foot surgery June 1). I have a limp and hopefully I will be back to normal within time. I have been doing about 2 minutes on the elliptical....slow and easy. My battle with sweets continues. I've decided to have something healthy along with the sweets hoping eventually to wean away from the sweets (like a banana with a cookie).

What has everyone been doing to stay healthy?
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,987 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: we sold our house and moved to a new place this month......we were without internet for over a week.......we love our new house, but there is so much to do that I have to be sparing on the computer and when I'm on the computer it has to be for my business first, then for address changes, and that doesn't leave much time for friends. I've been walking the dogs and getting exercise carrying boxes, moving furniture, and walking from one end of the house to the other putting things away.
  • jam0525
    Options
    1a1a- I do love the account name. Welcome.

bschutt - Thanks for the info on the BodyBugg. It sounds like a more fun than wearing a heart monitor. I will have to keep my eye out for one.

DaybyDay- Congratulations on being a 2 footed (or biped) person again. You will get back on track soon. I think your idea is a good one on how you are weaning off stuff.

Barbie - Welcome back. Good to hear you are in your new home.

The wedding was nice, but weird We were treated more like casual friends that immediate relatives from out of state. But, we did get to spend one day with my brother and his family. We never did get to meet the groom or my other niece's fiancee.

On September 1rst I am reweighing myself and adjusting my ticker. Until then I am just going to stop over eating like I did while I was out of town.

Jeannie
  • jam0525
    Options
    While in Minnesota I went to Mall of America (of course) and bought myself something new. It may sound strange, but I bought a new bathing suit at a specialty store called Everything but the water. They actually measured me for my suit and brought out everthing in the store that was in my size. Their measurements confirmed what I already knew, but it still sunk in more when it was confirmed. My lower body is a lot more trim than my upper body. I won't give TMI about it. lol

So, I know what I have to work on and how I need to change my exercise routines.

Have a great day everyone,

Jeannie
  • babygurl1
    babygurl1 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I hope everyone is doing well. I am still trying to get back into the swing of things. Recovery is going good. I still can not do any exercise or lifting and that is driving me crazy!! I am no happy about all this just waiting around. Sept 13 can not come fast enough! I plan on starting my traing for the April 1/2 marathon as soon as I can (Sept 13). I have gained 6 pounds during this process so I am super bummed about that but it's gonna fall off once I can start running again. :grumble: :grumble:

I hope everyone has a great day!!!
  • jam0525
    Options
    Hello everyone,

Here is the link to the new thread:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/332632-fun-fit-sized-for-the-under-5-4-crowd-september-2011

I hope to see all of you there.

Babygurl1 - when you start running, I will start too. It is the one thing I have NEVER been able to do. If I can run a mile by April, I'd be thrilled. Hang in there September 13 is just around the corner.

Jeannie