40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    @gam3rguy I have said it before, but I will say it again. You. Are. A. BEAST!

@Beeps2011 - good luck. Are you going to be lifting at a new gym in TO?

Busy week / weekend with "coffee breaks" birthday parties, dinner parties & grandkids. I am hitting "reset" today!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,918 Member
    Ended up doing a step-cardio class, yesterday. Will try one Wednesday, too. Will lift on Friday. BOOM!
  • sdereski
    Did a 20/20/20 class last night - Cardio/Weights/Stretch. :)
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    "Focus T25: Beta Upper Focus & P90 Sweat B/Ab Ripper B"=Done!
    sdereski wrote: »
    @gam3rguy I have said it before, but I will say it again. You. Are. A. BEAST!
    LOL! Thanks! I try!!! :p

• gam3rguy
    "Insanity: Pure Cardio & P90 Sculpt B"=Done!
    internet seems to be running smooth as I've been able to stream P90. I MAY give LIIFT4 a shot next week.
  • sdereski
    45 min total body blast (workout on the Bosu ball), followed by 60 minutes of glorious Hatha Yoga last night!
  • gam3rguy
    "Focus T25: Alpha Lower Focus & P90 Sweat B/Ab Ripper B"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    "Insanity Max: 30 Pulse & P90 Sculpt B"=Done!
  • Beeps2011
    I am about ten days into this Toronto stint, and I have been TOTALLY faithful to my workouts this week. I did not know how I was going to configure my workouts, so decided to try a few different things and then pull the trigger on a new-and-improved lifting regimen.

I LOVE this new YMCA b/c it has SO many more classes at ALL sorts of various times of day. That feels GREAT! If I miss one in the morning, likely there is something around noon or other time of day....this was NOT the case where I came from. At all. If you missed a cardio class (or a weight class), you had to wait a whole day - sometimes 2 days - to find that same class on the gym schedule.

Since M/W/F are my (new to me) workout days, I am definitely doing weights each of those days. But, I also decided to see if I could hit a cardio class AFTER doing weights - and SURVIVE.

TURNS OUT, I CAN! Soooooooooooooooooo, yippee!! I will shorten my weights down to 45-mins and then go hit a cardio class to finish off my workout. The cardio classes have brief session-ending stretches.

Somewhere I need to plop in a yoga class....since my daughter has indicated she will NOW come to yoga with me (yay!), I will aim for a Mon or Wed evening class to suit her schedule.
  • Beeps2011
    In other great news, I am 3 lbs away from the weight I committed to getting to for my 50th birthday. I turn 50 in 5 weeks, so I believe it will be doable to meet that goal.

Then, my next goal is to try to shave off 4 lbs by end of 2018. That would have me going into 2019 3 lbs HIGHER than my Europe trip, summer 2015. That is pretty decent, frankly.

As we are aiming for another trip to Europe in summer 2019, I want to be at the same weight that I was in summer, 2015 - it was a good weight. A healthy weight. I looked fit and I felt great.

So, BOOM for all the stuff I am doing. Not easy....this Toronto move has me completely disoriented 100% of the time, but I am not playing-victim and am simply sucking it all up and trying new things. My career is completely in the stratosphere right now and, for sure, THAT FEELS AWESOME.

BOOM!
  • gam3rguy
    "Insanity: Plyometrics Cardio Circuit"=Done! WITH THE DVD!

I was going to follow it up with the P90 Saturday Special...but the stupid On Demand had other ideas. sometimes I can get it to work...and sometimes not. It ran smooth as hell all week...and today all I get is that stupid spinning hourglass or an error message. Maybe I'll try later...and maybe @!#% on demand. I'll see what kind of mood I'm in.
  • gam3rguy
    “P90 Saturday Special”=Done!
    I guess On Demand had enough rest and decided to work. loaded up and ran all the way through with no issues this time.
  • gam3rguy
    "Insanity: The Asylum Vol 1 Relief"=Done!
  • vbyars
    vbyars Posts: 1 Member
    I'd like to join the group. I am 47, mother of two (one college), and one high schooler. I am married and am a high school teacher. I have been fighting 10 pounds for two years now. I want to eat more healthy and finally lose them for good!
  • gam3rguy
    "Insanity Max: 30 Sweat Intervals & LIIFT4: Week 1 Day 1: Chest/Triceps – LIIFT 50/50"=Done!
  • sdereski
    @Beeps2011 so glad to hear how you are doing and surviving Toronto. Sounds like you have managed exceptionally well! And, you are doing GREAT with your weight loss. Fantastic!

I got to spend the weekend running after my two grandkids that live out of town. Fun!
    Back to scheduled workouts today.
  • Beeps2011
    Today is my daughter’s 16 birthday. She had some of her new friends over on Saturday night. Last night we all went for teppanyaki food...her favourite. Bought two small cakes at the bakery, one carrot and the other a spiced red velvet.She is looking forward to her MAJOR party this upcoming Saturday night....we are returning to our old home to celebrate Thanksgiving.

Meanwhile, I lifted today. I did a step class, too. I did not sleep well, so am kinda flaked out even though I have a LOT of work to do!
  • gam3rguy
    "SHAUN WEEK: INSANE FOCUS Insane Weights & LIIFT4: Week 1Day 2: Back/Biceps – Circuit"=Done!
  • sdereski
    Attended a one hour "pound" class - which basically was a cardio / strength and stretch class using drumsticks throughout. Fun class!
  • bylogan6862
    bylogan6862 Posts: 3 Member
    Hi. I wondered if anyone out there is doing Optavia? If so, add me as a friend if you’d like. I’m doing as I learn better health habits. It would be nice to have friends who are also on the same health wave. Thanks 😊