How many cups of green tea for weight loss?

Options
124»

Replies

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    skram01 wrote: »
    Green tea is right up there with tumeric, apple cider vinegar and hot sauce in terms of weight loss wastes of time. The amount you would have to consume of these for anything positive to happen is ridiculous. Calorie deficit is #1.
    So, you're saying that we should add green tea leaves, tumeric, ACV, and hot sauce to our grapefruit-and-cabbage soup, right? ;)

(We won't lose weight unless we're also in a calorie deficit, but at least the soup would taste like something....)

Don't forget the hot dog water.

6jdl2vgivucs.jpeg

Why is this a thing? Do people enjoy it? Do they think it will help them in some way? I have shoved a lot of things into water for drinking purposes and never once has it included hot dogs. I demand answers.

It's KetoWater?

That's all I got...
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Green tea is right up there with tumeric, apple cider vinegar and hot sauce in terms of weight loss wastes of time. The amount you would have to consume of these for anything positive to happen is ridiculous. Calorie deficit is #1.
    So, you're saying that we should add green tea leaves, tumeric, ACV, and hot sauce to our grapefruit-and-cabbage soup, right? ;)

(We won't lose weight unless we're also in a calorie deficit, but at least the soup would taste like something....)

6jdl2vgivucs.jpeg

Why is this a thing? Do people enjoy it? Do they think it will help them in some way? I have shoved a lot of things into water for drinking purposes and never once has it included hot dogs. I demand answers.

It's not actually. It was made to sell at a conference/fair type of thing. They used scientific looking "evidence" and people bought it. A lot of it. The purpose was trying to get people to critically think about what is true scientific evidence and what is cherry picked to sell products.

Both of these are acceptable answers. I am now going to imagine that at the conference they called the parent company H2KetO in order to seem more official.

I love that name!

Here's the write up in the National Post:

https://nationalpost.com/news/hot-dog-water-seller-in-vancouver-gets-laughs-sales-with-savvy-marketing
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options

6jdl2vgivucs.jpeg

Limp Bizkit?
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options

See, I like hot sauce for weight loss. Simply because it has very few calories and replaces stuff I would use (ketchup) that has a lot more. Hell, I've even used hot sauce on pasta instead of reaching for cheese.

Hot sauce & salsa on baked potatoes is also great. No butter, cheese, sour cream or any other high calorie toppings needed
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options

6jdl2vgivucs.jpeg

It's KetoWater?

That's all I got...

6jdl2vgivucs.jpeg

It's not actually. It was made to sell at a conference/fair type of thing. They used scientific looking "evidence" and people bought it. A lot of it. The purpose was trying to get people to critically think about what is true scientific evidence and what is cherry picked to sell products.

Both of these are acceptable answers. I am now going to imagine that at the conference they called the parent company H2KetO in order to seem more official.

I love that name!

Here's the write up in the National Post:

https://nationalpost.com/news/hot-dog-water-seller-in-vancouver-gets-laughs-sales-with-savvy-marketing

Holy crap! I was only (sort of) kidding about it being KetoWater! Just goes to show there's a sucker born every minute...

...and that common sense isn't. B)
  • Fitnessgirl0913
    Fitnessgirl0913 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    I m into calorie deficit ..i m consuminh 1250 calories daily...i also do cardio...but because of slow metabolism i m not loosing weight so thought of green tea...anyone lost weight with green tea?how many cups to have daily for weight loss?

Six. Go with six.

Incorrect. The number is three.

Count to three, no more, no less.

Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three.

Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three.

Five is right out!

Once the count of three is consumed, you may feast upon the lambs and sloths and carp and anchovies and orangutans and breakfast cereals and fruit bats and large chu...

I think I love you a little right now... Monty Python is the best!