How do you weigh your banana?

Options

Replies

• mysteryrockgirl
    Options
    Weigh yourself. eat banana, weigh the peel. take a leak, weigh yourself again. wonder why you did any of that?
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    kimny72 wrote: »
    pinuplove wrote: »
    Frazdogg wrote: »
    I can’t believe how many people weigh with peel, eat, then weigh peel. Just take the peel off, weigh it, and eat it. It’s like people who back into parking spaces. It just wastes everyone’s time and is unnecessary.

I don't always want to mess up a plate or waste a paper towel just to weigh a peeled banana, and I'm not going to sit it naked directly on my food scale. Thus the weigh, tare, peel method.

But paper towel is evil...

Because it's processed (nodding).

With a lot of chemikillz.

I can’t believe how many people weigh with peel, eat, then weigh peel. Just take the peel off, weigh it, and eat it. It’s like people who back into parking spaces. It just wastes everyone’s time and is unnecessary.

I don't always want to mess up a plate or waste a paper towel just to weigh a peeled banana, and I'm not going to sit it naked directly on my food scale. Thus the weigh, tare, peel method.

I missed the "it" in the bolded on my first read and wondered if maybe I've been using my food scale wrong all along :astonished:

I think that was probably a typo. I have a pretty good idea of how @pinuplove rolls, and I think you nailed it.

:laugh: It = banana! (the food item - I know what you're thinking!)

Although I do weigh myself naked or almost naked, I do not think my food scale is up for the challenge, and as it is very small I also don't think I could successfully sit on it, naked or otherwise.
  • tbright1965
    tbright1965 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Weigh myself, eat the banana, then weigh myself again...

🤪

If this were Chit-Chat, I'd ask what are you wearing when you weigh your banana. But it's not, so I won't.
  • pinuplove
    Options

🤪

If this were Chit-Chat, I'd ask what are you wearing when you weigh your banana. But it's not, so I won't.

LOL I think I just answered that as you were asking...

I think I inadvertently dragged us into Chit-Chat territory with the word 'naked' :tired_face:
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

But paper towel is evil...

Because it's processed (nodding).

With a lot of chemikillz.

I missed the "it" in the bolded on my first read and wondered if maybe I've been using my food scale wrong all along :astonished:

I think that was probably a typo. I have a pretty good idea of how @pinuplove rolls, and I think you nailed it.

:laugh: It = banana! (the food item - I know what you're thinking!)

Although I do weigh myself naked or almost naked, I do not think my food scale is up for the challenge, and as it is very small I also don't think I could successfully sit on it, naked or otherwise.

I could just imagine you sitting on your countertop trying to weigh yourself on your kitchen scale, not to mention the contortionist maneuvers required to read the display. (I am not picturing you naked, you can keep that image).
  • pinuplove
    Options

🤪

LOL I think I just answered that as you were asking...

I think I inadvertently dragged us into Chit-Chat territory with the word 'naked' :tired_face:

Naw, I'll bare the blame... 😂😂😂

I see what you did there :smirk:
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options

🤪

Remember to hold your breath while you eat the banana since a lot of waste is expelled by respiration.

More sort of on topic, this morning I was surprised when a banana that appeared smaller than the one I ate yesterday from the same bunch weighed over 10% more.
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I don't even own a food scale & I am somehow maintaining a healthy weight...lol

Peel it & eat it then enjoy your day.... :)
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    Jackie9003 wrote: »
    3 pages and over 50 responses to a question about weighing a banana - I love MFP :D

How many calories do you burn chasing a tangent?
  • DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    How do you banana your whey?
  • joemac1988
    joemac1988 Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    With my eyeballs. Not calorie dense enough to stress about it.

"Meh, bout 30g..." *peels potassium sword and eats seductively while locking eyes with the nearest stranger*
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    3 pages and over 50 responses to a question about weighing a banana - I love MFP :D

Can I phone a friend?
  • climberbry
    climberbry Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Wow. This is serious. Weighing bananas... ;)
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    You would weigh the edible portion...

+1
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

How did you weigh the tangent? 🤨

Carefully. Those things are slippery.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

How did you weigh the tangent? 🤨

Carefully. Those things are slippery.

:laugh:

You've got me snorting in my office again.