Realistically how long would it take?

Options
2»

Replies

• SteamPug
    SteamPug Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    It’s definitely possible, it’s just not gonna be even remotely healthy.
  • jlbattin
    jlbattin Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I agree with the other posts....losing weight slowly is better. I have been a member for a little over three months and have lost 12 pounds. Key steps for me have been: Log in every day and everything I eat,stay under 1900 calores per day, walk at least7,000 steps per day, focus on the process(es), not the results! The results will come. I also found that focusing on other areas of improvement (than weight reduction) is helpful and more natural. Good habits (depending upon the nature of them) can take 50-60 days to develop and become ingrained. Hope this hleps.
  • climberbry
    climberbry Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    peace love and understanding ;)
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    the slower your weight loss is, the more sustainable it is in the log term because you get to eat more, and transitioning from a deficit to maintenance calories isn't that bad.
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    Possible: yes
    Healthy: highly doubtful

When losing weight extremely fast for your body (amount of excess fat), you run the very real risk of losing a lot more than just fat. Muscle mass and bone density can also be lost. Losing muscle mass will leave you jiggly, losing bone density sets you up for early and more severe osteoporosis.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    climberbry wrote: »
    Yes, I agree, just by cutting calories alone, it's NOT realistic.

This is very realistic and considering caloric intake holds the highest potential for impact, reducing this also holds the highest potential for success.

The ideal change would be to reduce calorie and increase physical activity. Noting that a majority of individuals who successfully lose and maintain their weight implement both. They create a number of habits and positive feedback mechanisms supporting their health goals.