16:8 Intermittent fasting

Options
I'm on a keto diet and tried 16:8 Intermittent fasting today. It went wonderful and I wasn't hungry at all.
Does anyone else have any experience with IF?

Replies

• mg720
    mg720 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I would love to hear more, i hear a lot of ppl talking about IF
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    I’ve been using a 16:8 pattern for many years. I’ve gained weight, maintained, and lost weight on it. What matters for weight loss is your calorie intake - if you consume less calories than you expend you’ll lose weight, regardless of what time (or in what time window) you eat them.

The benefit of intermittent fasting is that, for some people, it controls hunger better and makes it easier to stick to your calorie goal (anecdotally, I have found this to be the case, but not everybody does). There are other health benefits attributed to it by various people (many of them being woo peddlers), but no scientific research to back up many of the “magical” claims.

It won’t make you lose weight any faster than any other eating time frame, given equivalent calories.

Anvil, has usual you hammered it! Lol
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I ate like that for a year, it was great, but nothing special; other meal schedules have also worked great. Just having a meal schedule automates things, makes eating more routine and less emotion. The big difference was how flexible and confident aiming to stick to this "window" made me - I learned that I could eat breakfast, lunch and dinner whenever I wanted, the fear I had of "getting too hungry" was so exaggerated that I understand it was planted in me by the same suppressive forces that tell us all the BS we should and shouldn't do. Liberating. It's interesting to discover these things.
  • jmsouth4
    jmsouth4 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm on a keto diet and tried 16:8 Intermittent fasting today. It went wonderful and I wasn't hungry at all.

Because of no progress on loss, I decided to try the IF 16-8 to shake things up. I do miss my morning tea with all my yummy fat, but my Oolong tea and stevia holds me till 1 for lunch. Now, here's hoping for a good result!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    jmsouth4 wrote: »

Because of no progress on loss, I decided to try the IF 16-8 to shake things up. I do miss my morning tea with all my yummy fat, but my Oolong tea and stevia holds me till 1 for lunch. Now, here's hoping for a good result!
    What meaningful changes have you made (total calorie intake per day), and what results do you expect from those changes (are you logging correctly)?
  • scolon05
    scolon05 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I’ve been on the 16:8 for 2 weeks and no change in weight loss
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    scolon05 wrote: »
    I’ve been on the 16:8 for 2 weeks and no change in weight loss

Did you read the thread? If you're eating the same number of calories as in the past and just changed your eating window, your weight isn't going to change.
  • scolon05
    scolon05 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I’m eating less calories