(NEW) OPEN CHALLENGE: FIT BY OCTOBER!!!

Options

Replies

• smurfette75
    smurfette75 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    QOTD #4: Have you "discovered" any new foods since you started eating healthier? Or realized that you DO like some foods that you used to claim to not like?
    Trying to like yogurt...and just realizing that I can have food without the extra salt and it still tastes good.

QOTD #5: What do you do to keep yourself on track while traveling or on vacation?
    I'm actually on vacation now...so far so good...hard to find motivation to exercise, but I think I'll be okay food wise. Smaller portions and just watching what I eat.
  • BigReddHair
    Options
    I'm catching up on the QOTD!!! :)

QOTD #1: What is your favorite kind of exercise and why?
    I love love love love love lifting weights. I like to feel like I'm being strong!

QOTD #2: How did you find MFP, and how do you like it compared to other programs/sites/diets/etc you've tried in the past?
    My little brother introduced me to MFP....now he's not on it! This is not the first time I've used a site like this, and this one is doing good so far!

QOTD #3: What was your "a-ha" moment, meaning was there a specific moment that made you decide that it was time to lose the weight?
    I dropped 95 pounds between the ages of 21 and 25. I maintained it for a long time, but when I moved from Vegas to Virginia, I was super depressed and packed on 20lbs. Now I realize I was so happy in Vegas because I was fit....and now I want to bring that part of my Vegas lifestyle to VA.

QOTD #4: Have you "discovered" any new foods since you started eating healthier? Or realized that you DO like some foods that you used to claim to not like? I LOVE popcorn. I can't eat enough of it. It's like dessert for me...and without the sugar! I've also discovered my love for grilled vegetables!

QOTD #5: What do you do to keep yourself on track while traveling or on vacation?
    I just keep working out...no matter what I eat, I keep working out. I'm bound to gain a couple of pounds, but the damage is lessened if i just keep moving.

QOTD #6: What is your main motivation to get in shape right now?
    I'm just tired of feeling bloated and fat. Oh, and I want to wear my Joe's Jeans that I bought in 2009 for $100! I've STILL never worn them!
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options

Right now, honestly, it's THIS CHALLENGE!!! My birthday is October 7, and I've said for a long time now that I'd like to be at my goal weight by my 27th birthday. Of course I know that life won't stop on October 7, and that the world won't end if I don't make my goal of 140 by then, but it would be nice.
  • theba2il
    theba2il Posts: 548 Member
    Options

I'll be 40 in Nov. I don't want to buy new clothes. I have a thin wardrobe collecting dust in my closet. I wear yoga pants all the time right now. Lol
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,980 Member
    Options

I am already in shape (I exercise 5 times a week and my BMI is 22). But, I want to eat healthier and drop 10 lbs. before I go to Las Vegas in September - followed by another trip to Washington, DC in late September.
  • Sheeshy
    Sheeshy Posts: 133
    Options
    Catching up...

I love hiking and mountain biking because, well, how could you not? You're working out in a beautiful, desolate place, and I promise, you will never meet a grumpy person on the trails :)

QOTD #2: How did you find MFP, and how do you like it compared to other programs/sites/diets/etc you've tried in the past?
    I was searching for calorie totals, keeping track on my own. I love it. Weight Watchers is like a different language, so I don't like it. What worked for me was counting calories, and I now I don't have to search so much - it's all in one place and I love the community feel. Gets me going when I need it.

QOTD #3: What was your "a-ha" moment, meaning was there a specific moment that made you decide that it was time to lose the weight?
    I outweigh my dad by 5 pounds. And he wants to lose 20 pounds.

QOTD #4: Have you "discovered" any new foods since you started eating healthier? Or realized that you DO like some foods that you used to claim to not like?
    Cottage Cheese! It used to gross me out, but now, I love it! I cut up fresh fruit, mix a few pecans in for some crunch, and top it with a serving of cottage cheese. So much protein, and delicious, and keeps me going!

QOTD #5: What do you do to keep yourself on track while traveling
    or on vacation?
    It depends on the vacation - we do a lot of camping, so that's just a nice active vacation. If staying in hotels, I try to use the fitness center - usually the treadmill.

and a new one-

We are going on a cruise in March. I'm very excited to go, in fact, my whole family is going - parents, brothers, sisters, their spouses & kids. We will be on the beach a lot, only my second time to any beach ever! However, there will be lots of pictures and lots of time in a swimsuit. Pretty motivating :ohwell:
  • chelsiburnett
    Options

Dominican Republic in January and I eventually want to start trying to have a family. I would like to start out in good shape so maybe it won't be so hard, after I do have a child, to get back into shape!
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    i would love to join:

I'm catching up on the QOTD!!! :)

i love spinning its the best cardio....i used to jog but hurt both my knees and back so i started spinning over 12 yars

last august i was googling calorie counter and i came across MFP, and a couple sites...MFP was the best by far...very user friendly...

about 10 years ago i gained abount 50lbs and even though i would workout , i would not lose weight...finally in august 2010 my youngest son started a very healthy lifestlye change...more eating at home , whole foods, veggies lean meats, no processed foods...

QOTD #4: Have you "discovered" any new foods since you started eating healthier? Or realized that you DO like some foods that you used to claim to not like? i never used to eat yogurt...now thats what i eat for lunch on most days...i just make sure the sugar contents is on the low side...

i try to workout and eat most meals as simple as possible...of course a couple treats

i am 55 i want to healthy and fit and not have to take meds...

pam :flowerforyou:
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    NAME: Pam
    HEIGHT: 5'6''
    START WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 179
    GOAL WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 173
    START PANTS SIZE: 14 (US)
    GOAL PANTS SIZE: 10/12 (US)
    FOLLOW ANY SPECIAL DIET: I just count calories!
    DIET GOALS: more whole foods
    EXERCISE GOALS: to do back to back spinning classes
    OTHER GOALS: more firm and toned everywhere (same)
    FUN FACT: love to read
    :flowerforyou:
  • mreneecohen
    mreneecohen Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I'm in!

NAME: Michelle
    START WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 203
    GOAL WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 190
    GOAL PANTS SIZE: 10 (US)
    FOLLOW ANY SPECIAL DIET: I have PCOS and am pre-diabetic. Low carb/ high protein/ low sugar
    DIET GOALS: To become a pro at healthy foods!
    EXERCISE GOALS: Exercise at least 5 hours a week!
    OTHER GOALS: hold a plank for 1 minute and do 100 sit ups/25 push ups with no problem!
    FUN FACT: Love to cook (imagine that), entertain, and listen to good music!
  • jimtripin
    jimtripin Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm in looking to get my 6pack by the end of October..........counting calories, lots or running and weights!!!
  • mady2806
    mady2806 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm there~

NAME: Kristin
    HEIGHT: 5'5''
    START WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 155
    GOAL WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 135
    START PANTS SIZE: 8/10 (US)
    GOAL PANTS SIZE: 6/8 (US)
    FOLLOW ANY SPECIAL DIET: Eating less processed foods, fruits and vegetables.
    DIET GOALS: Would like to be fit and toned!
    EXERCISE GOALS: To run a 5K marathon
    OTHER GOALS: In the best shape of my life!
    FUN FACT: I love couponing!
  • nikkif87
    nikkif87 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Count me in!

NAME:Nikki
    HEIGHT:5'3''
    START WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE:177
    GOAL WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE:165
    STARTING PANT SIZE:14(US)
    GOAL PANT SIZE:10(US)
    FOLLOW ANY SPECIAL DIET:No eating out and portion control.
    DIET GOALS: To eventially get to my pre-baby weight and boost my self-confidence.
    EXERCISE GOALS: Try to get at least a 10 minute walk in every day and my 2 hours a week.
    OTHER GOALS: To feel better about my body.
    FUN FACT: I love to read and to hang out with my 14 month old baby boy!
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    QOTD #5: What do you do to keep yourself on track while traveling or on vacation? I pack my workout clothes and try to get in a workout most days while away and also do a lot of walking around. I even book my hotel and make sure it has a pool and/or a workout room. Eatingwise I attempt to maintain my weight and limit my alcohol and sweets/dessert intake. Good question, since I will be on vacation for a week next month before I go back to school full time while maintaining my full time job.

QOTD #6: What is your main motivation to get in shape right now? Keeping my health issues such as low iron based anemia and PCOS under better control by lowering my weight, exercising, and eating healthy. I also want to have a healthy, fit body that I am happy with, feels great, and is strong. I think that is finally possible since I am learning to let go of my unrealistic expectations for looking like a celebrity or a model.
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I'm in!

NAME: Michelle
    START WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 203
    GOAL WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 190
    GOAL PANTS SIZE: 10 (US)
    FOLLOW ANY SPECIAL DIET: I have PCOS and am pre-diabetic. Low carb/ high protein/ low sugar
    DIET GOALS: To become a pro at healthy foods!
    EXERCISE GOALS: Exercise at least 5 hours a week!
    OTHER GOALS: hold a plank for 1 minute and do 100 sit ups/25 push ups with no problem!
    FUN FACT: Love to cook (imagine that), entertain, and listen to good music!

I also have PCOS, but am not pre-diabetic. Going to add you as a friend :).
  • nikkif87
    nikkif87 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Another catch up!

-I love to walk/run, it gives me time to process all my thoughts.
    QOTD #2: How did you find MFP, and how do you like it compared to other programs/sites/diets/etc you've tried in the past...
    -A coworker showed me the app on her phone, I had never really tried anything else, but LOVE MFP.
    - I was cleaning out some old clothes that I had stored away and found a pair of size 5 jeans : /
    -Not really, I always loved fruits and veggies. I do bake more things than I used to, especially meat.
    -I do not travel much but if I know I will be away for a while, I pack myself some healthy snacks.
    iQOTD #6: What is your main motivation to get in shape right now?
    -I want to feel better about myself and be healthy so I can be here for my son as long as possible.
  • caripta85
    caripta85 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I need a challenge, please count me in!!

NAME: Cari
    START WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 188
    GOAL WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 178
    START PANTS SIZE: 16(US)
    GOAL PANTS SIZE: 14(US)
    FOLLOW ANY SPECIAL DIET: breastfeeding and counting calories
    DIET GOALS: less soda, smarter choices
    EXERCISE GOALS: exercise 5 x week
    OTHER GOALS: be comfortable in my pre-pregnancy clothes
    FUN FACT: I crochet
  • MLStoMLK
    MLStoMLK Posts: 28 Member
    Options

I have eating issues that I want to deal with...I'm addicted to sugar & chocolate and diet soda (specifically Dt. Mt. Dew). I know they are not good for me and when I start eating sugar I just want to keep eating it (& often do - gluttony ...blah!). So, those are things I want to get dealt with through this journey. However, right now I'm just focusing on trying to get some extra weight off. And I figure once I'm down to my goal weight, then I'll work on those areas in a more concentrated way. I want to lose weight so I look and feel better about my body, feel better in my clothes, not have the big ol' tummy & have people ask me if I'm pregnant (which I am not!).
  • Sheeshy
    Sheeshy Posts: 133
    Options

Ok, so I already answered all of these, but I thought of something else. My family and I love road trips, so we drive, which means lots of fast food and gas station snacks - feel pretty gross once we arrive at our destination. So, a few years ago, we started packing a cooler with bottled water and healthy snacks - fruit, vegetable sticks, cheese, crackers, nuts... that kind of thing - it saves a lot of money and I don't feel so blah....
    Sorry about the re-post - it's just really helped us a lot and wanted to share!
  • fitnowandforever
    fitnowandforever Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Gotta catch up!

-I love to run and do exercise videos - the really intense ones that make me feel the burn.
    QOTD #2: How did you find MFP, and how do you like it compared to other programs/sites/diets/etc you've tried in the past...
    -My aunt showed it to me a while ago. I've tried a lot of these but MFP is the only one i've stuck to. It's quick, easy, and there are so many great people who inspire me!
    -I've wanted to lose weight forever, but I saw this girl in one of my classes and she was in track, so she was pretty thin. When I saw her, I immediately became angry at myself for being so big, because I can't wear those skinny jeans and cute shirts like her. But then I just decided that I should stop crying over my weight and start moving; start eating right; just do it!
    -To get my protein in (since I'm vegetarian), I've started eating a lot more eggs, tofu, and Greek yogurt. I used to HATE peppers and onion, but now I love them, and pretty much all vegetables.
    -I keep Luna bars, grapes, and plenty of water in my bag, so I have to cave and order an In & Out
    -I've dreamed of going to NYC forever, and we all finally decided to go in November, during Thanksgiving. I've been saving up for this for a while, and I just wanna be able to buy some boots and a cute jacket and walk down Times Square in style :)