(NEW) OPEN CHALLENGE: FIT BY OCTOBER!!!

Options

Replies

• Riebop
    Riebop Posts: 275
    Options
    QOTD #2: How did you find MFP, and how do you like it compared to other programs/sites/diets/etc you've tried in the past?

Found MFP through the Team Beachbody message boards. You have to pay on Team Beachbody to have access to their tracking tool. I did for a little while and didn't like it. Tracking on WW is good, but MFP has more brand name foods and restaurant foods in their database. The extra step for calculating points values was a bit of a hassle when you're grocery shopping though. The worse thing is not checking and getting something home and finding out it's not worth the points. I've also used fitday.com. It's very similar to MFP. I haven't used that in years. At the time, there was a pie chart that showed your carbs, protein, fat ratio right on your main page.
  • Luvlee85
    Luvlee85 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    QOTD #2: How did you find MFP, and how do you like it compared to other programs/sites/diets/etc you've tried in the past?

I found it while surfing through the app store in the android market, the reviews were amazing so I decided t give it a try. Haven't really tried anything like this in the past other than writing it down myself. But I love this app because it makes it so simple and convenient.
  • Sherry1979
    Sherry1979 Posts: 457
    Options

I found MFP by "Googling" online calorie counters!! It is the best program I've tried. I lost weight several years ago doing Weight Watchers thru an at-work program and I reached and maintained my goal weight until I had my little girl. Since then I have tried WW Online (just don't have time/babysitter to always go to meetings) and I just couldn't seem to have any success with WW this time around. I love that MFP doesn't tell me "what" to eat and I can customize it all to meet my own needs. And of course I've met soooo many fabulous people....you all are what keeps me going a lot of days ...thank you all so much!!!

*Yesterday I stayed within my calorie range and I did 26 minutes of Zumba at home via youtube videos and also 15 minutes on my exercise bike. Today I did a 35 minute Leslie Sansone dvd and so far, so good on the calories and all my meals are planned for the day with some calories left over for a snack later this evening. :smile:
    GREAT JOB everyone....thanks Leah for starting this challenge!!!
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options

I found it from other bloggers and WW Online members who recommended it to me when I started getting bored with WW. I find that it's very simular to WW in that I love the community and the tracker, but like Riebop menioned, MFP has way more foods in their database (most likely because they don't have to worry about copyrights and endorsements and such). I love both WW Online and MFP, but MFP is where I want to track for now because I was in a major WW rut.

I'm glad that you are all enjoying the challenge!

P.S. I miss the smiley's. Why aren't they working?
  • ReginasHorror
    ReginasHorror Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    NAME: Steph
    HEIGHT: 5'3''
    START WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 181.6
    GOAL WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 170.0
    START PANTS SIZE: 14 (US)
    GOAL PANTS SIZE: 12 or less (US)
    FOLLOW ANY SPECIAL DIET: Calorie counting/ running
    DIET GOALS: I need to get rid of soda
    EXERCISE GOALS: To be able to run two miles
    OTHER GOALS: To be the smallest I have been in a while!
    FUN FACT: I draw a little
  • keta127
    keta127 Posts: 7
    Options
    QOTD #1: What is your favorite kind of exercise and why? I really enjoy Zumba I think it is a great cardio workout the latin moves are fun and the music is fun to dance too.

QOTD #2: How did you find MFP, and how do you like it compared to other programs/sites/diets/etc you've tried in the past? My sister told me about MFP and I this site has really helped me mainted keeping my weight off so far other diets and programs I have tried in the past I haven't stuck with but this one I am.

4053861.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • felon72
    felon72 Posts: 21
    Options
    QOTD #1 What is your favorite kind of exercise and why? I Love any kind of exercise that involves full body movement. Right now I am really into Turbo Jam / Hip Hop Abs and Zumba.

QOTD #2 How did you find MFP, and how do you like it compared to to other programs/sites/diets/etc you've tried in the past?
    A good friend told me about MFP. I have never tried calorie counting, but have tried several other diets and have worked out like crazy. I was amazed to see how much weight I lost in just two weeks when I combined calorie counting and exercising. I LOVE THIS SITE! All the support and the coumminty board are also an added bonus.Crossing my fingers that I have finally found something that works for me :)
  • kierra28
    kierra28 Posts: 68 Member
    Options

A friend on FB mentioned this site for checking out the results of 30 day shred posted here. I was curious about the shred...followed it here and been hooked ever since :) I always thought calorie counting was difficult...but it is not so much with MFP, though it is first time I am attempting it. If MFP can hook a foodie like me (I like my meals proper) I think it has indeed got something right. Calorie counting seems so easy specially the way MFP has it figured out in data sheet format. You can customize and track your nutrients...love that :) And the best part is support available here :)
  • chorgi
    chorgi Posts: 221
    Options
    Thanks for starting this Leah!

NAME: Josh
    HEIGHT: 5'11"
    START WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 185
    GOAL WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 170
    START PANTS SIZE: 36
    GOAL PANTS SIZE: 34
    FOLLOW ANY SPECIAL DIET: Currently learning about the Paleo diet, but I have to stay away from wheat.
    DIET GOALS: Find a healthy, organic balance
    EXERCISE GOALS: Currently training for a 50 mile single day hike in October.
    OTHER GOALS: Look good and be toned.
    FUN FACT: I make wire worked jewelry.
  • smurfette75
    smurfette75 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    OK. So I fairly new hear but this seems like a good challenge. I've tried to read everyone's posts, but there are so many!! I guess that's a good thing.

NAME: Leslie
    HEIGHT: 4'11"
    START WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 124
    GOAL WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 118
    START PANTS SIZE: 4 (a very tight 4)
    GOAL PANTS SIZE: 2 or a loose 4
    FOLLOW ANY SPECIAL DIET: Calorie counting here on MFP and just being mindful of what I eat
    DIET GOALS: To drink more water and eat less processed foods
    EXERCISE GOALS: I'm a very fast walker, but I would love to be able to run....maybe jog a couple of miles without stopping
    OTHER GOALS: To get back to my pre-baby weight (15 years ago)
    FUN FACT: I was in the Army (probably the last time I had a regular workout routine)

QOTD#1: What is your favorite kind of exercise and why? Like a lot of people, I love Zumba. I just love to dance, wish I could have been a professional dancer (not that I'm that good at it)

QOTD #2: How did you find MFP, and how do you like it compared to other programs/sites/diets/etc you've tried in the past? I found MFP through a friend's Facebook post. I've never done any other programs/sites/diets. But so far this has proved to be awesome.
  • HeatherB85
    Options
    NAME: Heather
    HEIGHT: 5'6''
    START WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 205?
    GOAL WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 175 or less If I could!
    START PANTS SIZE: 12/14 (US)
    GOAL PANTS SIZE: 10(US)
    FOLLOW ANY SPECIAL DIET: just count calories! & house work!
    DIET GOALS: more whole foods, No sweets!! No Pop!
    EXERCISE GOALS: Be able to run or walk up a hill without getting outta breath!!
    OTHER GOALS: Get rid of this belly!!
    FUN FACT: I'm a momma of 2! :)

I know all of us can get to our goal weight for this challenge! I'am so glad I found some where that counts the calories for me! Having 2 boys keeps you busy not much time left for counting! GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!
  • Krohnie
    Krohnie Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    QOTD #2- I found this site from the app in the android market. I loved the app and didn't realize that there was a wonderful community attached to it for a while!! I've tried WW online, but I never did like their community. I love that there are more foods on here, and real foods that I eat! I'm struggling now, just to get out of the gate, but at least I feel supported and like people have my back here!!!
  • Amandalovesfood89
    Options
    QOTD #1: What is your favorite kind of exercise and why?
    I'm going to have to say Aerobics! It gets all my frustration out and really gives me that burn I need.

I found it on one of my forum sites that had a weight loss group. It works so much better than anything else I've tried because I can keep track of what i'm eating and how much i'm working out very easily.
  • shele75
    shele75 Posts: 29
    Options
    Really, my favorite exercises on ones that don't involving feeling like I have to "get ready" to go the the gym, LOL. Is that bad? Maybe one day I will not care about that, LOL.

Walking and the the malibu pilate chair I have seem to be what I stay with the most. I also have problems with my left knee after a skiing accident last year :(.

I found this site through a friend I used to have and have been on here off and on since and always go back when things seem to be really getting out of control-my wt is like a rollercoaster!!!
  • Amandalovesfood89
    Options
    Working on an icon for everybody participating in the challenge!
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Working on an icon for everybody participating in the challenge!

I'm excited about your icon! It makes this challenge feel oh-so-official.
  • cschu544
    cschu544 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    NAME: Christina
    HEIGHT: 5'8''
    START WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 175
    GOAL WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 165
    START PANTS SIZE: 12/14 (US)
    GOAL PANTS SIZE: 8/9 (US)
    FOLLOW ANY SPECIAL DIET: Organic (as much as possible)
    DIET GOALS: learn more about nutrition because I am CLUELESS!!!
    EXERCISE GOALS: Really step it up and gain some serious muscle mass!!!
    OTHER GOALS: Stop the jiggling!
    FUN FACT: I have a miniature dachshund named Sam and she's SO CUTE :D & my boyfriend is a soldier <3

ps- NEED HELP! I SUCKKK AT NUTRITION & RECIPES!!!
  • livinglifeandlovingit
    Options
    Okay, I know I am a little late, but I would like to take part in this challenge. My challenge is to be able to run/jog for 30 minutes straight non-stop.

Currently: I can only run approximately 1.5 miles non-stop and takes over 20 minutes.
  • mrsdeg1983
    Options
    NAME: Diane

HEIGHT: 4'11 1/2

START WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 173.4

GOAL WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 161.0

FOLLOW ANY SPECIAL DIET: 12-1,300 cal diet. 6 meals a day

DIET GOALS: higher water intake.

EXERCISE GOALS: mon-wed-fri dead lifting. every other day cardio.

OTHER GOALS: Gain more mussels so they can help me burn the fat.

FUN FACT: i dont have any fun facts
  • bookworm03
    bookworm03 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Sounds fun!

NAME: Heather
    HEIGHT: 5'7
    START WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 166
    GOAL WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 150
    START PANTS SIZE:8/10
    GOAL PANTS SIZE: 5/7
    FOLLOW ANY SPECIAL DIET: no soda or sugar.
    EXERCISE GOALS: to finish my push up trainer.
    OTHER GOALS: stop using boredom as an excuse.
    FUN FACT: I play the violin.