Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Pounds you shed weekly

Hi! This time around in me weight loss journey I’m losing weight sloooooowly but surely. I currently work out 3 times a week and losing about 1 pound per week.

I’m just curious, how many do you lose a week? I know things slow down as we get older so I definitely feel it now 😬 Do inches matter more? I guess I just wanna lose more than 1lb a week...

Replies

• sytchequeen
    sytchequeen Posts: 526 Member
    one pound a week is a good weight loss.

on average since July 2017 I have lost half a pound a week, some weeks more, some weeks less, some weeks it went up. I am now at my goal weight and working on body shape and maintenance.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    1lb a week sounds good! depends on how much you have to lose.
    Inch loss does matter more, your clothes will feel/look better and you will SEE progress :smile:
  • funjen1972
    funjen1972 Posts: 949 Member
    1 pound per week for 25 pounds, .5 pounds per week for 6 pounds.

Weight loss should slow the closer you are to goal and healthy weight.

How much weight are you trying to lose?
  • Nmira09
    Nmira09 Posts: 88 Member
    funjen1972 wrote: »
    1 pound per week for 25 pounds, .5 pounds per week for 6 pounds.

Weight loss should slow the closer you are to goal and healthy weight.

How much weight are you trying to lose?[/

I honestly just want to be healthy and also maintain many healthy habits.

For those of u asking if I accidentally posted this in the wrong chat, I actually did mean to post it here lol. I wanted to know about weight loss but also how you maintain it 😁 thank you for all your insightful comments!! 👌🏻
  • Nmira09
    Nmira09 Posts: 88 Member
    So many people kept telling me I was losing weight slow because I’m getting older and my metabolism is changing so thank you for clarifying that! I’m glad it has nothing to do with age!
  • mgalsf12
    mgalsf12 Posts: 350 Member
    I lose about a half a pound a week.
  • admaarie
    admaarie Posts: 4,297 Member
    I lost weight consistently since September of 2017. Some weeks it was 0.5 lb, others 1, and sometimes 2 depending on the week: my activity level, what I ate, time of the month, etc.
    For me personally now in maintenance I’m not looking to lose more scale weight, just overall fat (recomp) while maintaining my weight. So for me, inches matter more bc of my personal goals!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,966 Member
    edited September 2018
    I had lost about 20 lbs several years ago (in 2012) roughly 1lb a week. I was very consistent with my food logging and determined. Then in 2015 I got pregnant with my second child and gained about 65 lbs. Don't judge me lol. After he was born I lost 25 lbs but very slowly. It took me about a year and a half to get to the weight I am now (comes out to an average of 1.4lbs a MONTH) I was not very consistent with my food logging. I would log my food for a while, quit, log again, quit, etc. But I have been maintaining this weight for a little over a year now.

1lb a week is a good rate of weight loss.
  • eatyogarun
    eatyogarun Posts: 59 Member
    Nmira09 wrote: »
    So many people kept telling me I was losing weight slow because I’m getting older and my metabolism is changing so thank you for clarifying that! I’m glad it has nothing to do with age!

I mean this as a compliment so I hope you take it as one, but I am looking at your profile pic and unless IT'S old or just incredibly flattering, you're not even remotely in the "older" category.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member

I’m just curious, how many do you lose a week? .

Based on my trend:
    86s9t7xk3sry.jpeg

I know things slow down as we get older so I definitely feel it now 😬.

My slow rate has nothing to do with age. I am actually having trouble sticking to a calorie deficit for more than a few days (even a 250 calorie deficit is hard), but I contribute that to food choices and being at a healthy weight already.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited September 2018
    I lost 25 pounds averaging 1/2 pound per week. The scale only moved every three weeks though. That was the rate I was shooting for. I was 39 at the time and it was pretty easy.

Edited for clarity.