4'11" - 5'2" ladies - Success Photos

Options
There used to be this huge thread full of inspiring success photos of us shorties but it unfortunately seems to be gone, I was thinking we could start a new one to motivate one another!! I just started my journey, hopefully in a few months I'll be sharing my own progress here! :)

Please go ahead and share your progress pictures along with your height and SW-CW if possible, I'm sure this will inspire a lot of ladies ou there! <3

Replies

• lisedixon1959
    lisedixon1959 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" so I am a shortie as well. I just started and it is going fine. Having a hard time keeping my carbs down to where it should be. No snack seems to be without carbs! Any suggestions
  • Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" so I am a shortie as well. I just started and it is going fine. Having a hard time keeping my carbs down to where it should be. No snack seems to be without carbs! Any suggestions

How low are you trying to keep your carbs? Personally, I love carbs and doing low-carb just makes me miserable. You can lose weight without cutting the carbs, I’ve lost 24 lbs so far. If you are keeping to your calorie goal I wouldn’t worry about it.
  • DomesticKat
    DomesticKat Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Maintenance is around 2400 calories.

6ydcuyhydl5h.jpg

1) you look completely sensational
    2) “maintenance is around 2400 calories” is literally the best thing I’ve ever read on MFP

<3 I'm still nursing the giant baby man that I'm holding in the bottom left picture so I actually eat about 2600 to maintain. 2400 is my best guess for actual maintenance if I weren't nursing based on my own data.
  • jalosingit1
    jalosingit1 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    How did you ladies decide your goal weight? By how you look, by dress size or some other calculation?
  • tammierlewis
    tammierlewis Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I chose my military weight initially of 120, but I have maintained 130 for a year now size 4/6 and I'm very happy with it.
  • Samaahir
    Samaahir Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 ft 2. I lost about 20 lb over 3 months and currently trying to lose more (maybe 8 or 10 lb)
    I am planning to let my body shape and fat distribution guide me. I also would love to build some muscle but I haven't started that journey yet.
  • Leannep2201
    Leannep2201 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I’m 5 ft 2 also. I’ve lost a little over 60 pounds so far over the last 9 months, and am about half way to goal.
    Have just started learning to run which is something I’ve NEVER been able to do, so I’m pretty excited about that!
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,184 Member
    Options
    I chose my military weight initially of 120...

Yup, @tammierlewis bootcamp day 1 is my goal weight too.

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!