Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

4'11" - 5'2" ladies - Success Photos

There used to be this huge thread full of inspiring success photos of us shorties but it unfortunately seems to be gone, I was thinking we could start a new one to motivate one another!! I just started my journey, hopefully in a few months I'll be sharing my own progress here! :)

Please go ahead and share your progress pictures along with your height and SW-CW if possible, I'm sure this will inspire a lot of ladies ou there! <3

Replies

• lisedixon1959
    lisedixon1959 Posts: 2 Member
    I am 5'2" so I am a shortie as well. I just started and it is going fine. Having a hard time keeping my carbs down to where it should be. No snack seems to be without carbs! Any suggestions
  • Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    I am 5'2" so I am a shortie as well. I just started and it is going fine. Having a hard time keeping my carbs down to where it should be. No snack seems to be without carbs! Any suggestions

How low are you trying to keep your carbs? Personally, I love carbs and doing low-carb just makes me miserable. You can lose weight without cutting the carbs, I’ve lost 24 lbs so far. If you are keeping to your calorie goal I wouldn’t worry about it.
  • DomesticKat
    DomesticKat Posts: 565 Member
    Maintenance is around 2400 calories.

6ydcuyhydl5h.jpg

1) you look completely sensational
    2) “maintenance is around 2400 calories” is literally the best thing I’ve ever read on MFP

<3 I'm still nursing the giant baby man that I'm holding in the bottom left picture so I actually eat about 2600 to maintain. 2400 is my best guess for actual maintenance if I weren't nursing based on my own data.
  • jalosingit1
    jalosingit1 Posts: 42 Member
    How did you ladies decide your goal weight? By how you look, by dress size or some other calculation?
  • tammierlewis
    tammierlewis Posts: 564 Member
    I chose my military weight initially of 120, but I have maintained 130 for a year now size 4/6 and I'm very happy with it.
  • Samaahir
    Samaahir Posts: 18 Member
    I'm 5 ft 2. I lost about 20 lb over 3 months and currently trying to lose more (maybe 8 or 10 lb)
    I am planning to let my body shape and fat distribution guide me. I also would love to build some muscle but I haven't started that journey yet.
  • Leannep2201
    Leannep2201 Posts: 441 Member
    I’m 5 ft 2 also. I’ve lost a little over 60 pounds so far over the last 9 months, and am about half way to goal.
    Have just started learning to run which is something I’ve NEVER been able to do, so I’m pretty excited about that!
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,501 Member
    I chose my military weight initially of 120...

Yup, @tammierlewis bootcamp day 1 is my goal weight too.

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!