How often do you weigh yourself?

Replies

• smh_cliff
    smh_cliff Posts: 146 Member
    Fridays are my "weigh in" that I log on here. I probably step on the scales on average every couple of days though and will log that on libra. If it goes up over night I know that's not fat, but it will remind me to be better with my water intake/watch the salt etc.

I barely weighed at all this last month and have had a significant increase (been off work and hardly home, lots of meals out and drinking too, so not "normal life"!) - I worry my weekend splurges would gradually extend if I wasn't weighing for another two weeks, I would keep telling myself there was time to make up for it.
  • Lipstick_n_lunges
    Lipstick_n_lunges Posts: 1,201 Member
    Every morning:)
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    How do you guys who weigh everyday?
    For me I’m way to dependent as of now to do that. If I don’t see a loss I tend to give up in the past at least I’m trying to be more realistic this time around and lose weight more slowly!
    Bi weekly I can see a big jump in weight! From 3-6 pounds so I love seeing a big difference but I agree doing it weekly might keep me in check!

Don't tie your happiness to a number on a dumb measuring device!
    Look ahead to maintenance at goal weight when you don't get the "reward" of seeing progress on your bathroom scales.

I weigh daily, it's my primary method to keep myself on track at maintenance, I just keep a casual mental note of any developing trends. To me it's just data. I understand my daily fluctuations and it has no impact on my self-worth.
  • yukfoo
    yukfoo Posts: 871 Member
    Once a month..just as a reference point. My clothes and the mirror tell me everything else.
  • belladamjc
    belladamjc Posts: 55 Member
    If my daily weight goes up for whatever reason, it sometimes makes my stomach turn over briefly, but it also boosts my determination to ensure I stick firmly to the process and I work out that little bit harder!! A continuing reminder that it's so easy to slip back ensures that I don't.
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Once a week. I might check once in a while during the week, but I don't attach any feeling to it. It's more to remind myself that, in fact, I have lost weight and that my current eating plan is working.
  • mds1207
    mds1207 Posts: 42 Member
    Once a week, first thing Sunday morning.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    For me I’m way to dependent as of now to do that. If I don’t see a loss I tend to give up in the past at least I’m trying to be more realistic this time around and lose weight more slowly!
    Bi weekly I can see a big jump in weight! From 3-6 pounds so I love seeing a big difference but I agree doing it weekly might keep me in check!

You get used to the fluctuations the more you see them and start to see a trend. Oh ate too much, food weight. Ate take out last night with lots of sodium, water weight. Intense workout, muscles holding on to water, etc.

You should do what works best for you and keeps you motivated. Just remember though the scale is only one measure and so many factors can affect your weight certain days, also weight loss isn't linear so so try not to get discouraged when you see it go up from time to time.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    A couple times a week out of curiousity, but i only record it once a week.
  • CatherineLaurel
    CatherineLaurel Posts: 197 Member
    edited August 2018
    I decided I can’t have a scale in my home because I get way too obsessed. Logging my food and getting a lot of exercise in and I can feel my body changing so I am going to listen to that. I’ll weigh myself at the end of this semester, it gives me something to work toward
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member

I view it as a normal part of my morning routine, and nothing more than one data point in an overall trend. Using a trending app shows the bigger picture.
  • TrishSeren
    TrishSeren Posts: 587 Member
    Daily, when I wake up, post toilet stop in the nude. Then I track it on a spreadsheet and average it out over the week.
  • MeganReid1991
    MeganReid1991 Posts: 170 Member
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    daily which is why i started using a scale app to track. i find it very interesting how it goes up and down up and down then bam, down!
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,253 Member
    Every day. Otherwise I might get fooled by water weight variations and think I’m gaining when the trend is actually down, or vice versa. I use HappyScale to see my trends over time.

Weighing weekly doesn’t average out variations, it just gives you less data.
  • successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    Daily or more. It keeps me motivated for some reason.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Once a week when I maintain. Daily and using a trending app when I am cutting or bulking. I take measurements weekly regardless of current goals.
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Every other day while I was losing and the first few months of maintenance. I only switched to less often, like 3 or 4 days apart since I joined a gym. If I am rushing out the door to the gym and will shower there, I skip that day. I have been good about staying in range, but I am still not considering going more than a week and that would only be for a vacation or other travel.
  • ChelleDee07
    ChelleDee07 Posts: 396 Member
    I weigh daily. I have maintained now for more than a year with taking my weekends off. I get in the gym, still weigh my food and log during the week eating healthier foods. On the weekend, I eat more relaxed without gorging myself and I rarely get in the gym. Monday comes around, and I am right back at my healthier lifestyle. I can see me living the rest of my life this way. My weight is usually up a few pounds on Monday morning, but right back down by mid week. It's a constant cycle that works for me, so weighing keeps me informed.
  • reflectionofme
    reflectionofme Posts: 310 Member
    Every morning and input it into Libra but Mondays are my official weigh-in days.