Less Alcohol - September 2018 - One Day at a Time

Options
15678911»

Replies

• MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,548 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options

Where do we find the October thread ? Sorry if I sound daft but I'm not the best with finding threads lol thanks

That is not a silly question at all. I looked but I don't see it yet.
    When I see it I will copy the link over here.
    And you can always check by going to community, then challenges and scrolling down the recent threads.
    😊
  • forestdweller1
    forestdweller1 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    @Stephaniev51697 ...please don't let your daughter's move change your resolutions. Thanks to my children's wanderings I now have a winter vacation place on the Louisiana coast, and a summer retreat on a tiny isle in Maine. Just be sure to let them know you're coming !! It sure isn't like having them across the street, but, when life hands you lemons...make lemonade. B)
  • MissMay
    Options
    @Stephaniev51697 ...please don't let your daughter's move change your resolutions. Thanks to my children's wanderings I now have a winter vacation place on the Louisiana coast, and a summer retreat on a tiny isle in Maine. Just be sure to let them know you're coming !! It sure isn't like having them across the street, but, when life hands you lemons...make lemonade. B)

Which isle in Maine? That is where I am.
  • MissMay
    Options
    Thank you Orphia for the new link. See you over there Monday.

I have been extremely kind to myself this month as far as drinking goals go. Even at times when DH wanted to hit the social scene for happy hours. I stuck to my iced teas and then refused to keep "hopping" through out the entire night from place to place chasing fun. I am not an anti social but I know from common sense thst one more drink and one more tavern all night long does not end well for most people.

I am so thankful for everyone what has been following us and giving insight and inspiration and receiving it back as well. No one is ever alone in this journey. There are more souls trying to find their balance between life and alcohol than I ever realized.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day.

• forestdweller1
    forestdweller1 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Little Deer....

• KKHKISHZKH
    KKHKISHZKH Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I decided to allow myself 250ml of wine last night. It's the only alcohol I've had in september. I was worried that once I had a glass I might want the rest of the bottle. Strangely though, after the first couple of sips, I wasn't really all that fussed about it. I think I'll carry on the minimal alcohol throughout October too. :)
  • MissMay
    Options
    KKHKISHZKH wrote: »
    Hi all. I decided to allow myself 250ml of wine last night. It's the only alcohol I've had in september. I was worried that once I had a glass I might want the rest of the bottle. Strangely though, after the first couple of sips, I wasn't really all that fussed about it. I think I'll carry on the minimal alcohol throughout October too. :)

Wow...nice work getting through all those days and then only one small glass a wine. Great success story.