Help..please..not getting anywhere.

Options
Hello all..If I may, I would like to ask for guidance. I lost 10 lbs last year by logging food and exercising.I was happy with that.. and gained it all back..this time I am having an awful time losing. Now, I have been taking collagen protein and love it..I have no more aches and pains..I also started taking a fiber supplement for constipation..I log food and exercise, just like before..I am not losing weight..it has been a month.. I am up a lb or two..but my measurements have not changed..maybe 1/2 inch in the waist...I just don't get it...discouraged..any help much appreciated..

Replies

• TonyaLeeC
    TonyaLeeC Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have not used a food scale...I never did the first time either..and lost weight then...perhaps I should get one...I do think I am logging everything....thank you
  • TonyaLeeC
    TonyaLeeC Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    So strange that I am doing the exact same thing as first time around and no progress..wondering if the collagen and fiber is adding bulk..since only the weight changes, not my measures...
  • funjen1972
    funjen1972 Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    We might be able to help more if we knew your stats -

Current weight
    Goal weight
    Current calorie consumption
    Set rate of loss
    Exercise calories total/eaten
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    A lot of things affect our rate of loss, age, activity level and the biggest one of course is calories. Last time you might have been more active? Or you are miscalculating your calories somewhere along the line. Double check the items you use from the database as some are miles off. If you are suspicious of an entry check the USDA website to see if it is reasonable.

I would get the food scale it might surprise you. I don't always weigh everything but when I do I find I often underestimated how much I was eating. I'm at maintenance but if my weight starts to creep up I start using it more to ensure I truly know how much I'm eating.

You did it once you can surely do it again but it might take some time. Just keep plugging along.
  • successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    I restarted a month ago too. Last time too I lost weight faster in the beginning. This time my body chose to retain more water than ever from cycling, newbie gains too, but my clothes were fitting better. It was a full 4 weeks before the scale finally budged. My legs have finally adapted a bit to the workout and aren't hanging on to as much water.
  • countcurt
    countcurt Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    TonyaLeeC wrote: »
    Thank you all...it is nice to hear from others in the same boat so to speak...I mentioned it to a person and got a lecture on how "we should not be in an adversarial relationship with our bodies" LOL bless her I need support not a lecture!! I will get a food scale ..all your points have been taken and I will do this!! Not feeling quite so depressed now..

I gotta have that put onto a bumper sticker. What the eff does that even mean?

In the meantime, the food scale is a great step. It’s a very helpful tool in getting those caloric counts accurate. Also keep in mind that those supplements can contain calories and just ‘cuz they’re medicinal they still have to be counted.