I gained about 5lb

Options
I don’t understand, why I gained weight I mean
Breakfast: nothing but keto coffee and butter and Mct oil
Snacks: baby bell light cheese
Lunch hand full of spinach,lettuce and 4oz of chicken or grass fed beef -and 2oz of cheese and broccoli
Dinner: same as lunch or just broccali and 4oz of chicken
Every freaking day why did I gain 5 freaking lbs 😢

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,637 Member
    Options
    How often do you weigh yourself?
    How long have you been doing this?
    How much have you lost/gained in total so far?
    <and, if this is not your long preferred way of eating... why are you making life so difficult for yourself?>
  • Sailorkay
    Sailorkay Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    SueSueDio wrote: »
    I have to say, that sounds very dull.

Are you actually weighing and logging your intake correctly, or are you in the "keto is magic and I don't need to worry about calories" camp?

Plus, are you measuring yourself, taking photos, taking note of how your clothes fit? Is it your time of the month? Have you started a new exercise routine? There are many reasons for weight gain, including hormonal and water retention, and the number on the scale isn't everything. Measure your progress in other ways too! :)

I been 1hour if crossfit , and I do weight my food I try and maintain in the 1300range
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    How long have you been doing crossfit?
  • Sailorkay
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    Are you trying to maintain or lose?

Scale weight can fluctuate for any number of reasons - hormones in relation to your cycle, more sodium than usual, more volume of food, increase in amount or change in type of exercise...

You also don't mention how many calories you're eating. Your coffee alone could be hundreds of calories for all we know.

If you give us some more information - height, weight, age etc - we'll be better able to help you.

479 is the coffee 1cup because I add mct oil and organic grass fed unsalted butter
    And I am 288 and I was weighing 301 , I also do 1hr if crossfit
  • Sailorkay
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    I been doing about 3-4 years, before I really didn’t care what I ate , I’m trying now keto lifestyle due to it being low or no carb and sugars and I believed it was good since I have polycystic ovarian syndrome so
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Keto might help with PCOS.
  • Sailorkay
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Keto might help with PCOS.

Yes that,s why I’m trying my best to stay track :)
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    I been doing about 3-4 years, before I really didn’t care what I ate , I’m trying now keto lifestyle due to it being low or no carb and sugars and I believed it was good since I have polycystic ovarian syndrome so

Some find that Keto or even low carb is beneficial for PCOS.

I was wondering about the crossfit, because if it was new, that could cause some water retention.

Are you close to TOM? I have had up to 10lb gain during that time. Usually only 5lbs, but sometimes more.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    How often do you weigh yourself?
    How long have you been doing this?
    How much have you lost/gained in total so far?
    <and, if this is not your long preferred way of eating... why are you making life so difficult for yourself?>
    I been doing this for about 2 weeks and 4days , I lost 18 but gained 5 lbs Uhm
    And I do like it I’m not saying it’s my preferred way of eating I enjoy eating my salads I look forward to it when I’m fasting in the morning for lunch salad :)

Are you due to get your period?
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    You get keto coffee? that's my first thought :blush:

Are you weighing yourself at the same time of the day?

Weight fluctuates, is this 5lbs from overnight? have you been monitoring your weight daily? there are a host of reasons why the scale might have jumped up, fluctuations are normal - I can swing up or down 4-5lbs from day to day.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,675 Member
    Options
    Most of your initial weight loss was water. You have gained back some of that water weight. Not a big deal. You may end up gaining back more as your body adjusts to the lack of glycogen. Take measurements to see if you are losing fat and not just water weight.