What's your go to recipe when you don't feel like cooking?

1234568»

Replies

• brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Do you have a george foreman/similar? I keep indiv sealed servings of chicken burgers, beef patties, and chicken breasts. Toss on george, it will be done by the time you unpack your dirty laundry. Toss on bun, lettuce, or eat with fork. Trader Joes has fantastic micro jasmine rice that takes 3 minutes, goes well with chicken. Also, microwave cut sweet potatoes in the steamfresh bag.
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Do you have a george foreman/similar? I keep indiv sealed servings of chicken burgers, beef patties, and chicken breasts. Toss on george, it will be done by the time you unpack your dirty laundry. Toss on bun, lettuce, or eat with fork. Trader Joes has fantastic micro jasmine rice that takes 3 minutes, goes well with chicken. Also, microwave cut sweet potatoes in the steamfresh bag.

Insightful! Might consider picking up a counter top grill now! Maybe something that can double as a panini press/waffle maker!
  • a69russell
    a69russell Posts: 1 Member
    I like to make quesadillas always seem to have cheese and tortilla shells on hand. Sometimes I put chicken/steak or veggies in them depending on what I have in the frig. Dip em in salsa or sour cream.
  • BlackAmor
    BlackAmor Posts: 1 Member
    I prepare oatmeal with cinammon(the stalk * I think that is what you call it*) and my choice of fruit (diced) and my choice of nut( pecan or almond) with a piece of sweet bread or cookies. (Just because my kids and husband likes eating bread and cookies with their oatmeal) and I top it off with a bit of cinnamon powder. It's my go to recipe when I do not feel like, don't have time to or am too busy to prepare a more elaborate meal.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    * Veggies & cheese omelet
    * Burgers
    * Sandwiches (panini with veggie soup)
    * Fruits
    * Warm cereal (oatmeal or cream of wheat)
  • amagus
    amagus Posts: 71 Member
    Spaghetti squash.

I poke it 3- 4 time with a fork and microwave it for 10 minutes. I cut it open, take out seeds put some chopped or canned tomatoes on it seasoned with herbs or Italian seasoning and sprinkle with grated Parmesan or mozzarella. Pop under broiler on low until tomatoes are hot and cheese melts. Scrap squash out of shell into a pasta bowl and stir it a little to mix in tomatoes and cheese. It takes about 15 minutes. It eat this at least once a week when my family is doing pasta or pizza or some other high calorie/high carb meal. About half the time the kids eat more squash than pasta. I do not claim it tastes like pasta, but it sure tastes Italian.

It is great with the left over meats people mention in other posts. I just put the meat under the cheese.
  • fatgirlsyndrome
    fatgirlsyndrome Posts: 5 Member
    I will either have sliced Persian cucumbers sprinkled with chili lime, some pre-cooked chicken from Trader Joes and a boiled egg, OR, I will have a turkey wrap on a low carb Mission Tortilla with reduced fat swiss cheese, turkey, lettuce, tomato, mustard and a super tiny amount of mayo, and one serving of Pop Corners.
  • anarchyfab
    anarchyfab Posts: 4 Member
    Large can of whole white tuna, half a can of black beans, 1 tblspn Avo oil mayo and ton of brown mustard. Add hot sauce if you like