How to gain mussels looking after family

Hey everybody! Just wondering anyone got successful gain mussels , looking after the family? With not much time to work out , tight budget, new born , all the above! Any idea how to ?

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Grab your moments. Carrying the baby around can help.

https://jamesclear.com/milo
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    There are workouts you can do using your baby as a weight, not sure how but you can probably find them on Google
    I'd also say, don't forget to rest! The problem with doing things when the baby is asleep is that that's your only opportunity to rest!
    I don't know where you are, but in the UK you can always find mother and baby exercise groups.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Darebee has a lot of workouts that just use body weight, and I think you can search for items that don't require equipment...they also have some full plans, but I don't know if those require any equipment.
  • dragonghost
    dragonghost Posts: 68 Member
    edited October 2018
    Get a set of dumb bells or use your own body as resistance or even get resistance bands all will work.
  • billkansas
    billkansas Posts: 267 Member
    I think you can strength train pretty successfully with two days per week of training (one hour each). My goal is to reach the 1000 lb club on my two day per week plan. Any other "workouts" I fit in are with kids (and baby) in the backward, or on a bike ride, or with baby in jogging stroller.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Make time.

Most cities you can find a gym for $20 a month. Most people spend more on coffee.

I know newborn time isn't easy, but it's doable in most cases.
  • EmmaCaz4
    EmmaCaz4 Posts: 113 Member
    I've got a 3month old daughter and I've been training since 3weeks postpartum.

I started training during her morning nap doing 30mins weight/ resistance training. I've slowly built it up and I now get to the gym 3 days per week to weight train, I weight train 1 day at home and I get on the spin bike twice a week at home aswell.

You've got to have motivation, dedication and you will make time no matter what. There is always time to do things if you want it badly enough.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member

sydnisd183 wrote: »
    Any good seafood market should stock them. Peak season is October to March.

I was wondering who would be the first to go there. :D
  • h1udd
    h1udd Posts: 623 Member
    Babies are like awesome adjustable dumbells

You start by pressing or rowing a 7kg baby, push chair jogging in the park inter dispersed with pushups and chin-ups and 7 years later you are pressing 24kg and running sprints after them on their bike
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    sydnisd183 wrote: »
    Any good seafood market should stock them. Peak season is October to March.

I was wondering who would be the first to go there. :D

Me too :D
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited October 2018
    If its important to you then you will make time. There are plenty of bodyweight type workouts that you can do, or invest in minimal equipment and build a home gym. An adjustable pair of dumbbells isn't too terribly expensive, and you can also buy used on craigslist or facebook marketplace. Early morning before work is best for me to not interfere with family time in the evenings. Although when my youngest was a baby I did not work out, and I have no regrets. I was busy enough and already sleep deprived enough without waking up even earlier. Unpopular opinion, maybe.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    body on demand. 100.00 a years membership and you can do it all in the comfort of your own house and own schedule.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    not all mothers bounce back at the same rate/ w my first born it was ve4ry slow..i got headaches often and had post partum depression and it took time and support from others...my second child it was not as bad.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    ^^ I think OP is a man