Options
2»

Replies

• VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    jerzanka wrote: »
    If you excercise a lot you might be getting your muscles. Muscle is heavier than fat (simply compare 1kg meat to 1kg tard). You may loose your body fat but still see no progress on the scale (or even get heavier) but your circumference is getting smaller. So grab a tape measure and track your pants size :smile:

1 kg lard and 1 kg meat would weigh exactly the same. They would both weight 1 kg.
    You don't gain muscle at a deficit, other than maybe some newbie gains if heavy lifting (OP didn't specify what type of exercise)

Agreed it's either water retention or you're eating too much (more than you think). So give it another 2 weeks to see if you start losing weight. If not, then tighten up on your food measurements and database entries. And stop eating less than 1200 (or 1500) calories. It's not good for you. Slower weight loss is better (as you lose weight, you also lose muscle. The higher the deficit, the higher the ratio of muscle. Your heart is a muscle). And weight loss isn't linear. It could even just be sodium. You might go up and down a bit for weight, you're just looking for an overall downward trend.

Also you didn't say how long you've been eating at a deficit and exercising. If it's only a week or two, then it's too early to tell what's happening.

Also, are you already in a normal BMI?
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    rit1982 wrote: »
    Hello,

I have been exercising 3-4 times a week and watch what I eat. I am always about 400 under calorie intake, but it seems the more I exercise, the heavier I am on the scale. Not by much, but shouldn't it be the opposite? I'm I doing something wrong?

Weight loss is not linear. Eat at a slight deficit, train, rest and be patient...
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I have lost 23 pounds in almost 2 months. I want to lose another 25

It would help to know your stats. Maybe your goals are unrealistic. Wanting to lose another 25 doesn't mean you need to. Congrats on your loss so far although I agree with others that it's a little aggressive.
  • rit1982
    rit1982 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Rocknut53 wrote: »
    I have lost 23 pounds in almost 2 months. I want to lose another 25

It would help to know your stats. Maybe your goals are unrealistic. Wanting to lose another 25 doesn't mean you need to. Congrats on your loss so far although I agree with others that it's a little aggressive.

I need to lose that amount of weight. I could even go more maybe. But I know it would be pushing it. I am trying to eat more, but I think cause I cut out the refined stuff, I feel full faster. I weight this morning and I down another 2 pounds, so I am happy all the hard work paid off. thank you so much for your words or encouragement.
  • robertaboone100
    robertaboone100 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Do exercise daily and follow a good diet chart