Replies

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    On my phone so this will be short.
    Tracey intriguing card game!
    Barbara Standards of Learning=SOLs
    —-—
    We are at Bass Pro Shops. Next is buy a checkerboard and go to Nana & Poppy’s house. Details later.
  • trucker743
    trucker743 Posts: 393 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Barb in sunny NW Washington - Not so sunny today! Sounds like you’re handling your recovery beautifully. Isn’t it wonderful when you get to visit with friends again?

Machka - My heart goes out to you and your husband! Loss of driving for him is a bit of an upheaval for both of you. I lived carefree for about five years also, but I had a lovely BMW motorcycle that I did all my errands with, with the aid of a small trailer for dump runs and laundry.

NYKaren - Aren’t those childhood pictures precious? My children were for the most part young in the 70s and 80s and early 90s, but one of them has digitized a lot of the early photos. Like you, my childhood is in a box. Very few pictures left, I’m afraid.

Katla - I’m glad your husband is getting the new leg brace, but sorry you’re missing yoga!

Terry in VT - kudos for jumping back on the track! I thought I'd gained 20 last year over holidays and through early spring. It was horrifying to find I'd gained 40! I'm now on track for Bariatric surgery, but have lost 20 so for with a dieticians help. I'm 75, so no time to waste!

Tracey in Edmonton - sounds like a fun way to work out! Great nrws about your husband's work prospects, too.

Barb in VA] - I'm so very glad your grandson has someone to run interference for him and find such lovely solutions as the anger journal! I only wish his dad were more capable of empathy. Sounds like he has real control issues.

I'm listening to the lovely rain today on the acrylic roof of my sleeping porch Sound nearly as romantic advance tin roof, but is enough less insistent to be very soothing, so I'm lazing with my cats, catching up on all your news. For some reason it won't let me post a picture, so I'll let you all imagine.

Sharon in beautiful Niorthwet WA
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,262 Member
    Options
    Kate UK - Been watching your Giants on the news. :D I think we saw one of their elephants when we were in Menton for the lemon festival.
    Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,580 Member
    Options
    Uuuu :p
  • trucker743
    trucker743 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Grandmallie, hugs for getting through a tough day we'll. I hope you enjoy the fair.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options
    Hi all: Gloomy day today. Dog is bored staying indoors and horses are bored too. They are playing with the water tank and have dumped it. Got groceries this morning and am waiting for the service guy from Frontier to come. They gave us two different times and days so don't really know which one they will be here but someone over 18 has to be at home. Our internet has been off and on for about a month now. This is the second time we have contacted them. They did not show up the last time and unfortunately we are in a place where they are the only available service. Yuck! DH got a call from the gastroenterologist and is being referred to an oncologist for tumors on his liver that showed up on MRI Wednesday. I suspected this might happen after they had him do a series of scans after a high alk-phos level on a blood test. Doesn't make it any less disturbing.

Allie - Glad your stressful day is over, enjoy the fair.

Tracey - Interesting workout.

Katla - Glad DH is getting the new brace. Sorry about the yoga.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,759 Member
    Options
    I am many, many pages behind so will just say hello!

NYKaren ... enjoy your trip past the Falls and Buffalo!

VA Karen ... you are amazing with your grandson!

Too much going on. My weight is going up. But getting ready for a walk with my husband before it rains! So that's a positive!

Beth near Buffalo
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,759 Member
    Options
    suebdew wrote: »
    Can’t figure out what is wrong with DH and me. We are both so tired and have no energy. Everyday we say we are going to the Y but decide we are too tired. He has a cold and that is part of his problem but I have no excuse. His brother was diagnosed with cancer in June and was given expermental drugs to shrink the tumors as they were too large to do surgery. He had to have his colon removed due to perforations from the chemo or radiation. It was just a bad deal all around. We are so glad we got to spend some time with him before his death.
    I am trying to keep up with the thread.
    SueBDew in TX

Sue ... this sounds a lot like depression ... hugs
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,731 Member
    Options
    Almost 16,000 steps and my feet feel like lead...I'm doing some walking and some sitting..
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,580 Member
    Options
    Lll
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Blessings and Good Wishes to All of You! Thanks for being on this wonderful discussion board!

Carol in GA
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,731 Member
    Options
    Home and in jammies 17,991 steps for the day ,took 3 Tylenol and going to sleep...
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,937 Member
    Options
    Machka - Red Deer to Edmonton, did you have to do that daily? I live in Leduc and work in Capilano area of Edmonton. I find that commute quite long enough!

I did it 3 times a week to attend U of A, and then drove out to where I worked two days a week. That was my biggest driving semester.

I attended U of A for my last four semesters of my B-Ed.
    My first semester, I drove up on Monday, stayed in a hostel on Monday night for the first few weeks but that was awful, so a friend said I could stay with them out in Leduc, then I drove home on Tuesday ... and then up and back on Thursday.
    The next semester, I found a room in Edmonton so I drove up on Monday morning and back on Friday afternoon.
    The next semester I drove in 3 days a week as mentioned above.
    And my last semester was fortunately only 5 weeks and then I had a practicum in Red Deer for the rest of the semester. For those 5 weeks, I rented a room again, only this time, I made a mistake and got a room in the house of a smoker. Blech!!!! I spent a lot of my evenings sitting in the nearby shopping centre's food court doing my homework till the place closed. And she must have wondered about her water bill ... she said I could use her washer and dryer, so I washed my sheets about every other night!

It is a long weekend for me, Thanksgiving here in Canada. I am doing the turkey dinner Sunday evening. With all of the schedules I have to work around it will be a late dinner, 7pm but it will be fun and I'll have Monday to recuperate.

Tracey, sore and tired, but feeling accomplished in Edmonton

Well done on the workout. :)

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!

I do miss Thanksgiving a bit ... we never did anything big, but it was nice. There is no Thanksgiving here in Australia. Maybe one year I should put on a Thanksgiving dinner ... and especially make pumpkin pie. :grin: Most people in Australia have not had pumpkin pie as a sweet thing!

2irqjv36ru70.png

Machka in Oz