Fave prelogging food and do you still eat it?

Options
2»

Replies

• bernadettenz
    bernadettenz Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Seffell wrote: »
    I just thought of something I no longer do (sadly). I used to drink about 0.5 to 1 litre of whole milk per day every day for most of my life. I should add that I've also been slim my entire life regardless. I only gained after I stopped smoking and moved to a different country 5 years ago (a western one lol).

I can not afford to do this any longer. Even if it was only 250ml of whole milk it is just not worth the cals for me. So I get by with semi-skimmed and a glass of milk is always part of a treat like cake or bisquits.

We are very similar 😊 I also was a string bean for most of my life. I could eat whatever I wanted and as much as I wanted and never gained weight.

Gave up smoking and boom 30 kgs in one year. Didn't have the foggiest idea on how to eat sensibly. MFP has been a godsend!

I won't lie, I do really miss those days!
  • Deviette
    Deviette Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Tbh the only thing 'before' that I don't really eat as much of any more is sandwiches, but that's more because I've swapped to salads at lunch. I suppose I do miss the snack I used to have way too much (peanut butter & nutella sandwiched between two digestive biscuits. Amazing, but not worth the calories)

Other than that I pretty much eat the same as I used to. I still eat takeaways (fish and chips, dominoes, Chinese, Indian). Yesterday I had KFC. It fit my calories and I ended up not finishing the meal. I still eat cakes, put sugar in my coffee, nibble at nibbles.

I guess what I'm cutting down on is the "occasional" over indulgence, that wasn't really as occasional as all that. Eating both the custard slices in the packet just because they're yum and my OH doesn't like them. Sharing a whole tub of icecream with my OH of an evening. Eating a double portion of lunch because, "well, why no, it was yummy and I'll make more lunch tomorrow". Having a LARGE slice of that very very chocolate cakey thing that my partner names because YUUUUM. These were the things I enjoyed overindulging in, but since logging I've not really missed.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    cereal. I shop at Aldi and they have a very limited cereal selection so it's not really a problem, but whenever I walk down the cereal aisle at a regular grocery store I always see all these cereals (like chocolate frosted mini wheats for example, yum) and I'm like "ooo I want that!" but then I think about it, and I'm like when would I eat cereal? I don't eat breakfast... it's probably too much to have for a snack... I just don't see a reasonable spot to fit cereal into my diet
  • New_Heavens_Earth
    New_Heavens_Earth Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Any baked good.
    I can polish off a dozen large soft baked cookies easy. Packs of Oreos and Chips Ahoy too. I can't keep them in the house, so I get a snack pack (about 4 cookies) from the bodega.

I used to have a donuts and a mega muffin for breakfast from Dunkin Donuts. A day's worth of calories there. I ate two doughnuts recently and didn't feel the same gratification as before.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I hardly bother with pasta, potato chips, cookies, bread rolls. There are other things that will fill me up better for the calories. It's mostly high volume of calorie dense foods that's gone for good. I still manage a little bit of most things, here and there.
  • crazykatlady820
    crazykatlady820 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Publix makes this delicious potato salad and it goes perfectly with their fried chicken. I still eat it, but not nearly as often. It used to be twice a month and in obscene portions, and in the past year I think I’ve had it 3 times. Honestly, I enjoy it more now that I only have it on occasion and in moderation.
  • babysaffy
    babysaffy Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Any baked good.
    I can polish off a dozen large soft baked cookies easy. Packs of Oreos and Chips Ahoy too. I can't keep them in the house, so I get a snack pack (about 4 cookies) from the bodega.

I used to have a donuts and a mega muffin for breakfast from Dunkin Donuts. A day's worth of calories there. I ate two doughnuts recently and didn't feel the same gratification as before.

Same here. I cannot keep biscuits(cookies) in the house unless they are very plain or the fruit shortcake ones that I don't like and luckily my husband and kids do like.
    I can eat an entire sponge type cake or dozen cupcakes so it's easier to just not buy multi packs and only buy single ones very very occasionally as a treat. I've also mostly given up on doughnuts love them but not worth it in terms of calories. I've also stopped eating oats for breakfast as I realised that contrary to the widely held belief that they are a great start to the day, for me they were in fact triggering me to crave high calorie carb-y food all day. That's been a game changer for me this year to finally lose the most weight consistently and keep up my longest logging streak.

I have a small 95 calorie chocolate bar most days and that's my daily treat.
  • 2baninja
    2baninja Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I will usually still include most items, just in smaller portions.

More importantly, however, I'm so glad that someone else refers to the sandwiches as "toasted cheese". I got teased in college for calling them that.

I've always called them toasted cheese, what else are we supposed to call them?
  • 2baninja
    2baninja Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I still eat everything I have in the past. The only things I haven't had since I started logging is ice cream and little debbie cake rolls, only because I can not stick to a serving of ice cream, my "serving" of ice cream is/was a heaping bowl full, a 1/2 gal container would last me maybe 3 days.
    And cake rolls, a package is not that high in calories, but they come in a box of 6 and I'm afraid after I eat 1 package, I'll remember just how good they taste and eat 3 packages....
  • iowalinda
    iowalinda Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Any baked good.

I can relate to this. Some foods I avoid because I know what will happen.
  • bernadettenz
    Options
    Toasted cheese sandwiches.

I wonder if it's a geographical thing? I'm from New Zealand. We also call them toasties.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options

I wonder if it's a geographical thing? I'm from New Zealand. We also call them toasties.

Everyone around my area calls it grilled cheese. It must be, haha. I always think it's cool to find out regional names for foods. Another one is sponge candy, I think in other areas they call it honey comb or something.
  • bernadettenz
    Options

Everyone around my area calls it grilled cheese. It must be, haha. I always think it's cool to find out regional names for foods. Another one is sponge candy, I think in other areas they call it honey comb or something.
    Sponge candy! Love it. In New Zealand we call it hokey pokey and you can get hokey pokey ice-cream with chunks in it 😋 I had to Google it to see what you meant.

Where are you?

• hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options

I have no idea what you’re even talking about :D must be called something completely different here?
  • confidenceinrain
    confidenceinrain Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I eat the same things in different quantities or with modifications. If I eat larger quantities, I make sure I've earned the calories somewhere.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options

Sponge candy! Love it. In New Zealand we call it hokey pokey and you can get hokey pokey ice-cream with chunks in it 😋 I had to Google it to see what you meant.

Where are you?
    hesn92 wrote: »

I have no idea what you’re even talking about :D must be called something completely different here?

I am from Rochester! I think it is an upstate NY thing. bctt04fkaxct.png