so heartbreaking and discouraging :(:(

Options
I went to the food court today to grab some asian food before my doctors appointment. The woman behind the counter was my friend's mom and she was the one who served me. After I paid, she asked me if I wanted any water. I said "yes" and before she was about to pour the water, she asked if I wanted any pop instead. I said "no I dont drink it"

She then said, "you look like you are a girl who likes to drink pop and not care about their weight" and then I said "no I do care, I recently lost 27lbs". Then she said "oh I cant really tell the difference, guess I havent seen you at your fattest weight"

That was so heartbreaking to hear :( It felt so discouraging and it also seemed like the rudest thing to say! :'(

Replies

• Sagelit
    Sagelit Posts: 78
    Options
    What a cow! Don't listen to people like this. I makes me wonder what her motivation for saying something like this is. Is her daughter (your friend) a large girl or something and she's jealous of the progress you've made? I don't get people like this. Just ignore them.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    B*tch
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    WTF??? Who says that to someone!! She's just RUDE!! :noway:
  • alise_lmx
    alise_lmx Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    she sounds insecure and jealous. The best thing to do is not let it get to you and keep coming back there skinnier! People suck sometimes! :smile:
  • puggleperson
    puggleperson Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    OMG! That lady needs to get a grip!! What a BEEOOTTCHHH!! I'm sure you look great and most people can tell the difference . Great job to you, 27 pounds is no easy task!
  • cassondraragan
    cassondraragan Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    That is unbelievable!
  • Brownski860
    Brownski860 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    holy crap, total rudeness!!!!

She a total moron. Girl , DO NOT let someone who is of low mental capacity to bother you. Know that you are working hard every day become a better person.

People like that need to tape their mouth shut
  • jamie1888
    Options
    What a cow! Don't listen to people like this. I makes me wonder what her motivation for saying something like this is. Is her daughter (your friend) a large girl or something and she's jealous of the progress you've made? I don't get people like this. Just ignore them.

Good point!! Her daughter has probably made comments & expressed jealousy over your weight loss!
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    She works at the food court.
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Sounds like this woman has no manners or regard for anyone's feelings. I probably would have told her exactly what I thought about her since we are bluntly telling everyone exactly what we think.
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    dup
  • jamie1888
    Options

LMAO!! :laugh:
  • parisianskies002
    Options
    Ah don't listen to her! Knowing me, l'd say something horrible back because l don't let people talk down to me like that but don't be discouraged and carry on! You are doing so well.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    How obnoxious! I know it's hard, but please try not to take it to heart.
  • CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I would have flipped the hell out on her and told her to shut her trap. Thats AWFUL!!! People are so freeking RUDE!!!
  • mbeach1977
    mbeach1977 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    You're right THAT was the rudest thing to say! Don't get discouraged!
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    wow. I have no idea where people get the guts or the urge to say crap like that.
    I'm so sorry someone did it to you.
  • JennBurke
    Options
    Sounds to me like you were the brunt of whatever had gone wrong for her that day. Look past her ignorance and pat yourself on the back for all you have achieved. I'd say you are well on your way to your goals!!:flowerforyou:
  • alise_lmx
    alise_lmx Posts: 292 Member
    Options

lol!
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    SO RUDE!

ignore, cancel, delete, F7!

That is all about HER, not about you.

Hold your head high, you have made great progress! Don't let that idiot affect you.

blessings.