How often do you clean out your friend list?

Options
2»

Replies

• bkthomas2004
    bkthomas2004 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'll delete people if they've never interacted with me esp after I reach out to them and offer them words of encouragement for workouts or their food diary,etc. This isn't facebook and I don't have a need for 100+ friends that never talk to me. I remember the faces or names of people who interact with me on the regular and if they haven't logged in a while I know that its normally for a serious reason. I try to give people the benefit of the doubt and give them a few weeks to get the hang of MFP if they're new, but if its someone that has been a member for over two years, never said a word to me AND they requested me, they've got to go.
  • Kate6868
    Kate6868 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I haven't been here long enough to delete anyone, but if they haven't logged in for 30 days, that would probably be my deciding factor. I'm not as concerned about whether they comment on everything I log or post - I know I get busy with life and just can't check in and comment several times a day every single day, but if they are not logging at all... they are effectively not even there.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Never, I don't see the point. they don't exactly cause any problems being there. I'd feel bad if they came back and said they'd been in a coma for three months, or kidnapped by Somali pirates!
  • jam3114
    jam3114 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I don't choose to have too many friends on MFP - I've over 10 & sometimes I find even that hard to keep up with comments that people put up. I like to try & comment on as many as possble but sometimes life gets in the way.
    I've deleted a couple of people that haven't been on for weeks but I might send a mail first to see if they respond before I delete.

I've been deleted :cry: and that kinda stung especially since I don't often go without logging & I try to comment where I can - but what they hell I LOVE MY MFP FRIENDS THAT I HAVE NOW & I'm not afraid to shout it out :happy:
  • charliebird
    charliebird Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I don't delete. It took me a year to get to grips with this. I have some MFP friends who I know are really struggling and don't log on regularly. I send the a message to check in - and would never delete.

Its really difficult this losing weight thing - so my view is that if you are my friend then I will stick by you!
  • shezza737
    shezza737 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I tend not to delete, I am here to support people and I need the same from them. Everyone's different, and some can't log on as regular as others.
  • shezza737
    Options
    Never...I love them all and support them all!:heart:

I agree ;o)
  • shezza737
    Options
    Never...I love them all and support them all!:heart:

I agree ;o)
  • shezza737
    Options
    I have a ten day rule. If you have not logged on for ten days, time to go.

Even if their on holiday/vacation?
  • tammyr76
    tammyr76 Posts: 174
    Options
    In my opinion if they are not logging in how am I supporting them and they me?? I have sent each and everyone a message and if they respond they stay if not that tells me there done with this journey on MFP..I wish them all the best of luck..