Sober October- Putting myself first

2»

Replies

• JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    edited October 2018
    73CL350 wrote: »
    ^^ this person's profile photo matches their attitude exactly. Too funny...

Since you seem the simple type; here is the cliff notes version of what a one word sentence is...

https://www.cliffsnotes.com/cliffsnotes/subjects/writing/what-is-a-one-word-sentence-called

Way to be a *kitten*head about it, 73.

I'm an English teacher and I'd never teach my students that "no" is a complete sentence without the explanation that the subject and predicate are implied.

complete sentences need a subject and predicate, or subject-verb-object (the way we typically structure our sentences in English).

*kitten*head...
  • 73CL350
    73CL350 Posts: 259 Member
    . . . Have fun being 'that guy'.
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    edited October 2018
    Someone who speaks with clarity? Is that the guy I'm being? Or defensive because some stranger who thinks he looks dignified called me simple?
  • 73CL350
    Sir, the original post wasn't english lesson
    ... it was a helpful motto for people trying to abstain from alcohol under social pressure.

When you said "am I missing something?" ... yes you are. What she said was grammatically correct (since you're and English teacher you might care about that) ... but what you were missing was the entire point of what she said.

"I'd never teach my students that..."
    ...again...
    You completely missed the point and started tubthumping about an unrelated topic.

It is important to note: "no" IS a complete sentence...

So, why did you even post in here?
  • jhilkene
    jhilkene Posts: 104 Member
    73CL350 wrote: »

So, why did you even post in here?

Grammar police :wink: :D

I've been guilty of it... more for fun though, and usually not on social medias, since everyone uses shorthand or whatever.

Otherwise... No. Cmriverside does not want a drink. Neither do I. :smiley:

• SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    Well I want a drink, but I’m not having one. OP here. I was hoping to come on here and read something positive. Instead I got dribble from people fighting. Y’all gotta do better. That probably isn’t proper English grammar either, but I don’t give a *kitten*.
  • jhilkene
    Well I want a drink, but I’m not having one. OP here. I was hoping to come on here and read something positive. Instead I got dribble from people fighting. Y’all gotta do better. That probably isn’t proper English grammar either, but I don’t give a *kitten*.

I didn't mean that negatively towards anyone. Just trying to make light of the sentence debate. :/

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,363 Member
    :lol:

The posts from animal dude are blanked out.

I assume he was taking shots at me?

Not gonna drink over it.

tenor.gif?itemid=5026133
  • cmriverside
    Or...do I have him on ignore?

:no_mouth:
  • jhilkene

Yes. Ignore.
  • cmriverside
    jhilkene wrote: »

Yes. Ignore.

Well then, I was reading my tea leaves correctly.
  • jhilkene
    jhilkene wrote: »

Yes. Ignore.

Well then, I was reading my tea leaves correctly.

:D
  • 73CL350
    Back on topic ... I decided to do some meal prep and plan my lunches for the rest of the week.
    I'm aiming for 3 ounces of lean steak, 1.5-2.0 ounces of nuts and some form of cheese (about 1.5 ounces)

7g9nwa5er686.jpg

I am happy with the amount of rare as these will ve sliced thin for lunches and served with a mustard:

Test piece!
    jk11pbud6qrm.jpg
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    it's 9am and i want that. now. with blue cheese and asparagus