Rock & Metal Play list suggestions needed

Options
4jenniferk
4jenniferk Posts: 307 Member
Big hello to all my rock and metal friends..... Nothing against Country, Pop or Rap so before anyone complains I just know what gets my blood pumping.

I've been a metal chic for most of my life that's not to say I don't listen to other styles but when I work out I like to get lost in my music and have it motivate me.

My current play list is loaded with Avenged Sevenfold, Slipknot, Stone Sour, Shinedown, Papa Roach, a little old school Metallica, Megadeth and Anthrax.

I'm just curious what songs or bands get you pumped and ready to kick some butt while working out? I'm looking to beef up my playlist and need some great suggestions from my fellow MFP friends.

Replies

• bcatalano89
    Options
    most songs from Five Finger Death Punch... my favorite is Meet The Monster... and anything from Rob Zombie
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Mortician
    Cannible Corpse
    Six Feet Under

not sure if you are into that kind of metal

or Lacuna Coil
    Jack Off Jill

maybe some industrial

NIN
    Minsistry
    Pigface

thats whats on my gym playlist anyways
  • DiabeticAlien
    DiabeticAlien Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Big hello to all my rock and metal friends..... Nothing against Country, Pop or Rap so before anyone complains I just know what gets my blood pumping.

I've been a metal chic for most of my life that's not to say I don't listen to other styles but when I work out I like to get lost in my music and have it motivate me.

My current play list is loaded with Avenged Sevenfold, Slipknot, Stone Sour, Shinedown, Papa Roach, a little old school Metallica, Megadeth and Anthrax.

I'm just curious what songs or bands get you pumped and ready to kick some butt while working out? I'm looking to beef up my playlist and need some great suggestions from my fellow MFP friends.
    Static X, Rob Zombie, Ozzy, Dream Theater, Dragonforce, Seether, Disciple, Five Finger Death Punch, Korn.....the list goes on and on. LOL
  • farmingfool
    Options
    In addition to those you already listen to, I definitely recommend System of a Down.
  • kcmomof2
    kcmomof2 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I typically run to System of A Down's Toxicity album.
  • feyapl
    feyapl Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm a symphonic metal person myself, so I don't know if that's what you want, BUT....

Kamelot
    Epica
    Within Temptation
    Nightwish
    Sirenia
    Xandria
    After Forever
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,712 Member
    Options
    Big rock fan here too, but not so much into metal. These days, I'm really liking Shinedown, Sick Puppies, Seether, Hinder, Theory of a Deadman, Saving Abel... I'm sure there are more, but those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.
  • LeeKetty1176
    LeeKetty1176 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Beastie Boys always good

Kick start your Heart by the Mot Crue is my "power song"
    or ACDC its a long way to the top
  • tabluedke
    tabluedke Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Rob Zombie and Scum of the Earth are a must!!!!! :)
  • PhilipByrne
    PhilipByrne Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Mostly Leonard Cohen, probably explains why i run so slowly.
  • josaleigh
    Options
    I prefer a little Rage in my workout...Rage Against the Machine that is...always get the blood pumping. Add in some Otep, White (Rob) Zombie, and Slipknot and you have yourself a workout!!
  • Pfauxmeh
    Pfauxmeh Posts: 259
    Options
    DEFINITELY Nine Inch Nails.

Incubus.
    Deftones.
    Tool.
  • PeterTranter
    Options
    Hatebreed - The Rise of Brutality album, does it for me.
  • 4jenniferk
    Options
    most songs from Five Finger Death Punch... my favorite is Meet The Monster... and anything from Rob Zombie

I actually have FFDP last two albums so I'm with you there! Years back I had a White Zombie and even a Rob Zombie CD.... like all things... I lost them somewhere. I need to iTunes a few of his songs. He puts on a great concert btw!
  • 42hockeymom
    42hockeymom Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine turned me on to Saliva, off the top of my head, [two songs] Click Click Boom & Survival of The Sickest come to mind. There's more, I just can't think of them. Rob Zombie, some Nickelback, Buckcherry, Velvet Revolver. That's all I could come up with quick.
  • mike737
    mike737 Posts: 68
    Options
    House vs. Hurricane
    Asking Alexandria
    Killswitch Engage
    Five Finger Death Punch
    Karnivool
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,712 Member
    Options
    Beastie Boys always good

Kick start your Heart by the Mot Crue is my "power song"
    or ACDC its a long way to the top
    Love almost any Bon Scott AC/DC!
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Megadeth
    Metallica
    Beastie Boys
    Green Day
    Priestess
    old school Def Leppard
    Motley Crue
    can't forget AC/DC especially "Whole Lotta Rosie" and "Let There Be Rock"
    White Zombie
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Faith No More, Dio, Iron Maiden
  • 4jenniferk
    Options
    Mortician
    Cannible Corpse
    Six Feet Under

not sure if you are into that kind of metal

or Lacuna Coil
    Jack Off Jill

maybe some industrial

NIN
    Minsistry
    Pigface

thats whats on my gym playlist anyways

See.. that's what I need to do is expand my list so I'm up for looking into these... not much of a market for this in my area our metal station here blows but that's what I have internet for. Thanks for the suggestions!