The importance of an untracked meal and rest days

Options
For weeks I’ve been pushing myself harder than usual. Training 7 days a week, skipping rest days while making up excuses that it’s an “active recovery” day, forcing myself to lift heavier and work out longer. I’ve been tracking every calorie, every macro, every ounce of water, every step and everything in between. While it’s definitely paid off, it’s also started to take its toll on me. I could feel my energy declining and despite the fact that I just increased my calories, I still feel like I’m hungry all the time. Well tonight I finally learned a very valuable lesson about the importance of rest days and giving yourself the proper nutrients. My body completely shut down on me in the middle of a workout and I could barely lift the lightest of weights. I ended up having to tap out of a training session which I never do. It was a very humbling moment for me and if I’m being honest, I was a little embarrassed but my trainer was really cool about it. After leaving the gym, I went home and decided to enjoy my first untracked meal in months. I ate until I was full; not when my fineness pal told me to stop. I even finished it with some halo top ice cream. Tomorrow, I’ll start tracking again but tonight, I gave myself exactly what I needed and deserve and that’s a big dose of some untracked love.

Replies

• audrianna4969
    audrianna4969 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I mean obviously your allowed to. I do sometimes but most of the time I stay within 5grams of my macros and don’t exceed more than 20-30 calories. I’ve been adjusting my TDEE as my goals have been changing so I’m still trying to find that sweet spot. The problem is, you’ll never find it if you can’t be consistent.
  • audrianna4969
    audrianna4969 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I totally agree. My trainer said the same thing. I’m probably going to increase another 100-200 calories and see how I feel. I’ve been trying not to increase by too much, too fast.