Options

Replies

• jessicalys
    jessicalys Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am definitely in!
    SW: 280
    CW: 236
    I got down to 205 last year and gained back some. My final goal weight is 150. I need to make sure I not only stay on the right track, but I don't gain again!

• danielleedwards018
    danielleedwards018 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    73CL350 wrote: »
    @Heather_Norwood ...the ugly truth no one wants to say: if you're not hungry at least some of the time, you're eating too much : (

It's lunch time for me... I had an 800 calorie deficit yesterday so today I get extra meat. The pre-planned lunch worked perfect as my office mate is eating burger king.

ybzwkq2pv2w9.jpg

That looks delicious! What are the white circles, and how did you cook the meat?
  • 73CL350
    73CL350 Posts: 259 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    @danielleedwards018
    ... it's just some cheap NY strips from costco. I rub them in salt then cook at 700 degrees on cherry wood until seared and rare. The key is hot enough that is Sears while staying rare, and fresh ground pepper right as it goes on:
    jc52zy9rhl1x.jpg

737roeljxg62.jpg

The white circles are WHISPS ... a one-ingredient food with 10g fat, 13g protein and 1g carbs per ounce. That is only half an ounce shown as they are desiccated and crispy!

But tonite I am having an omega bomb with homemade crab cakes, a traditional sardine, and green beans... and a very fancy french mutard:

5pewpwpdqda4.jpg

• JuliBiGoolee
    JuliBiGoolee Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I'm loving all the motivation and new people joining! Mentally and emotionally I've been a mess this week. My diet hasn't been pristine but I've been tracking and staying within my limits.. eating back some of my exercise calories but not all. Small victories. And the scale is heading in the right direction!
  • HeathieM
    HeathieM Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I'm loving all the motivation and new people joining! Mentally and emotionally I've been a mess this week. My diet hasn't been pristine but I've been tracking and staying within my limits.. eating back some of my exercise calories but not all. Small victories. And the scale is heading in the right direction!

It's progress not perfection right??? ; )
  • RunStart34
    RunStart34 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I am in. I have been maintaining my 40 lb lost since Jan 2018. Been wanting to lose the last 20.
    CW 145.4
    GW 125
  • jdefferari
    jdefferari Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would live to join
    Need motivation!!
  • deehailey64
    deehailey64 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello! I’m in!
    I’m 10stone 9 and would like to be under ten! I never seem to lose anymore, was 12.6 two years ago so all very slow!
    Good luck all!
    Do we have a weigh day? X
  • danielleedwards018
    danielleedwards018 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hello! I’m in!
    I’m 10stone 9 and would like to be under ten! I never seem to lose anymore, was 12.6 two years ago so all very slow!
    Good luck all!

I’m weighing every Monday, I don’t know about everyone else. Hopefully it’s not too scattered.
  • JuliBiGoolee
    Options
    Hello! I’m in!
    Good luck all!

I’m weighing every Monday, I don’t know about everyone else. Hopefully it’s not too scattered.

I'm going with Sunday (I started this thread, but only because I stole someone else's idea lol). But if you'd like to weigh in on Monday... by all means, do yo thang! Whatever works for you!
  • JuliBiGoolee
    Options
    Hello! I’m in!
    Good luck all!

most are doing Sunday but whatever works for you. Welcome!
  • 73CL350
    Options
    I am always my lightest friday morning ... but I can start recording on sundays!
  • flutterby_quartz
    flutterby_quartz Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'd love to join the challenge. I turn 21 in March '19 so I want my confidence and active healthy lifestyle back by my bday!! I've been in hospital I'll for ages and for last three months have been on meds and not allowed to go to gym which has caused my weight to go up loads 😖😞 but now the doctor said I can start back walking and I want to lose this weight desperately as I hate myself and my body right now.

CW 170lbs ish/76kg ish
    GW 130lbs/60kg for Febuary 31st 2019
    (Ideally reduced body fat% and more toned too as this concerns me more/just as much as weight)
    So 3kg ish a month!! I hope 😓

UGW 55-58kg (by May 2019)

Goal for exercise = daily 10000+ steps minimum 6days a week. Once under 65kg then adding gym if healthy and doing well.
    Weigh in at least once a fortnight

Good luck to everyone, we all need to stick in this together and help one another! xx thanks for such a good post 😊

• flutterby_quartz
    flutterby_quartz Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hello! I’m in!
    Good luck all!

I think me too 😊 but I am aiming for every other Monday minimum because sometimes weekly weigh ins can get scary or pressured apparently (according to doctor...not sure whether anyone has any thoughts on weekly vs fortnightly weigh ins?? Opinions would be fab!)
  • 73CL350
    edited October 2018
    Options
    @flutterby_quartz ...it depends on your personality I think. If you see the scale go up and get discouraged; dont weigh in as often. If you see it bouncing around and get anxiety, dont weigh in as often.

I'm am engineer, so I actually weigh every morning...but I know any ONE weigh in is meaningless... I do statistical analysis to determine trends and derivative analysis to predict plateaus and project actually weight loss.

Say your goal is lose 20 lbs... a lot of people say "lost ten, halfway there". ...but that's not even close to right... lost ten is like 25% of the way there because the final pounds are more and more difficult to lose.
  • doowa
    doowa Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I had just decided that 5 lbs a month would be a great goal. One month at a time!
    I had gotten almost to my goal weight last year, and gained it all back. 😡
    Just got back on MFP this past Monday and need support.
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday everyone! Anyone else on the east coast getting all this rain? At least I'm up north so not getting the winds as well. Can't promise I won't complain about the snow soon though- its already forecast for the mountains here this weekend. Which is hilarious because it was 82 yesterday. I'd really hoped to get a long walk in yesterday in the nice weather but work kept me past dark. Did anyone get out and exercise yesterday?
  • MissTeriAnn
    MissTeriAnn Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Did anyone get out and exercise yesterday?
    Good morning and happy Thursday. I didn’t get out but I did workout in the house. I did 25 minutes of walking on the treadmill and 3 minutes jump roping. I felt the burn with the jump roping. I’m going to either take a walk today outdoors or head to the gym to use the elliptical:) I live in Northern California and the weather has been nice and cool.
  • 73CL350
    Options
    53 and rain here (midwest) ... sick baby .. 2.5 hours sleep... craving junk food HARD.

Lunch:
    geofha0w86cy.jpg
  • HeathieM
    HeathieM Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    73CL350 wrote: »
    53 and rain here (midwest) ... sick baby .. 2.5 hours sleep... craving junk food HARD.

Lunch:
    geofha0w86cy.jpg

Sorry about your sick little babes but your lunch looks great!!!!