Before and after pictures

2»

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,953 Member
    edited October 2018
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    MrTee1985 wrote: »
    I don't take before or after pictures, but welcome to 2018 when everyone is offended by everything.

I do take before and after pictures, but mainly because it's been my experience that my eyes still see me as the same person in the mirror. The before and after pictures, tell a different story. I don't share them with anyone, they are for my own comparisons. I may post them here someday, but possibly not.

I've posted before and after pics on some threads here, partly in the interest of showing that wrinklies like me can make material improvements. I believe photos make it more real to others than text, and that too many people are cowed by ideas about aging. (If someone is triggered, here, by before and afters . . . I'm not sure they're in the right place.)

In one case - face only photo - I wrote at the time, quite sincerely, that I wasn't sure if difference was visible. It's only looking back now that I can truly see that it was.

Brains are weird.

Edited: Typo. Stupid finger keyboard. Grrr.
  • AmyC2288
    AmyC2288 Posts: 386 Member
    Here are some before and after pictures of grizzly bears fattening up for the winter.

https://www.vox.com/science-and-health/2018/10/9/17955432/fat-bear-week-katmai-national-park-409-747-salmon

Literally just unintentionally spent 25 minutes at work watching the bears live stream. :#:D
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    AmyC2288 wrote: »
    Here are some before and after pictures of grizzly bears fattening up for the winter.

https://www.vox.com/science-and-health/2018/10/9/17955432/fat-bear-week-katmai-national-park-409-747-salmon

Literally just unintentionally spent 25 minutes at work watching the bears live stream. :#:D

I didn't click on the stream for just that reason.....
  • ata1anta
    ata1anta Posts: 115 Member
    sarjenki wrote: »
    If you reversed it and posted the slim picture as before and larger picture as an after with a caption like "this is me free from calorie counting and exhausting workouts and I'm so much happier",

That's an interesting experiment. I wonder how it would be received......
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    ata1anta wrote: »
    sarjenki wrote: »
    If you reversed it and posted the slim picture as before and larger picture as an after with a caption like "this is me free from calorie counting and exhausting workouts and I'm so much happier",

That's an interesting experiment. I wonder how it would be received......

It's been done https://www.cosmopolitan.com.au/health-fitness/body-positive-blogger-before-and-after-weight-gain-26976
  • tbright1965
    tbright1965 Posts: 852 Member
    As a testosterone poisoned male, I'd have to say #5 and #9 look better heavier. They are more fit compared to their lower weight pictures.

Lower weight doesn't automatically mean fitter or healthier. After all, POWs probably are at their lowest weights as adults...

Another example, you might be a meth addicted tweeker, now sporting a new, lower weight. You probably don't look good...
  • latestarter75
    latestarter75 Posts: 50 Member
    I think before and after pictures are a great help to track progress as others have said we change so gradually it’s an easier way to see how far we’ve come, I started taking them almost weekly the day I started training and dieting 4 1/2 years ago and have no problem sharing them,if it offends someone that’s there problem