Just started Keto!

Rvxna
Rvxna Posts: 3 Member
Hello everybody, my name is Raina and I am 26 years old at 214 pounds. My goal weight is 150 as I am 5 foot 2. I just started Keto (or no carbs) on Sunday. I would love to add some friends that are doing Keto as well. Just to share recipes and motivation of course! I love to cook, but I am on a budget as well. Anyone?

Replies

• littledonner
    littledonner Posts: 1 Member
    I want to start this too
  • CallMeErby
    CallMeErby Posts: 3 Member
    edited October 2018
    Hey! Welcome to the ketogenic lifestyle. I too am doing keto along with intermittent fasting & I also workout. This combination alone is 🔥, but baby steps!

Your 150 lb. goal IS doable! Make sure that your mental is correct because EVERYTHING starts in the mind. You got this Rvxna!!
    [edited by MFP mods]
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
  • lililomo2
    lililomo2 Posts: 250 Member
    i started keto when i was diagnosed with stage four cancer two years ago. i lost 20 lbs and am now on med carb currently for maintenance. the best websites that require no money or commitment as far as i am concerned for recipes are keto connect, my PCOS kitchen *her psyllium buns are my daily bread* and more. find what works for you . this was the best decision i ever made personally for my situation. others may discount it but a friend of mine here on MFP lost over 150 lbs and is in the shape mentally and physically of her life! different strokes for all of us

go slow - allow yourself the initial keto flu symptoms, but recognize it's transition. figure out your macros, drink sufficient water, be as active as you can and maintain a positive attitude. it's not for everyone but if you're determined - you can do it - my best wishes to you - xo
  • cmnky
    cmnky Posts: 1 Member
    I have been off and on Keto for a while. My problem was getting caught with nothing prepared. I hope the link works because for me it was a game changer. I made about five of the dishes, portioned them out, and now I just grab and go. I don’t have to think about it. It worked so well that I will do it again next week with different dishes. Make sure that if you are new to Keto, don’t do her fat fast.
    https://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/week-one-ketolow-carb-7-day-meal-plan-progress/