Looking at peoples signatures I feel alone in the amount I n

Options
I am really integrating myself in mfp as I really need to and want to lose weight. I'm motivated way more than I have ever even gotten close to. 3 weeks into my diet and weight loss and seeing big results. Yet one thing I noticed on the forums so far it seems like I'm the only one that needs to lose so much! I'd like some friends I could join on the weight lose journey! I feel like most of the people on this board will be at maintaining long before I even get close to such a dream. Maybe it's just part of being self conscious since I've gained so much weight and I have such a road ahead. Makes me wonder how I could go so wrong with my body.

Replies

• Sagelit
    Sagelit Posts: 78
    Options
    Remember that although they're on maintenance, they too came from where you have been. The people on this site will always be here to kick your *kitten* when you need it and keep you going. If you're looking to really progress with people in the same situation, there are groups for people losing certain amounts. Join one of them and you'll probably be surprised how many people feel just like you do :)
  • RainyDayKelli
    RainyDayKelli Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I started out two months ago needing to lose 148 lbs. I've lost 20 so far. You are NOT alone. I have to lose an entire person to be a healthy weight. It sounds scary, but I'm taking it a pound (and a day) at a time. Slow and steady so I don't gain it back (like I have in the past). Good luck to you! Add me as a friend if you'd like!
  • BerkleyJL
    Options
    Don't be self-conscious! Being here is a step in the right direction. Regardless of how much anyone needs to lose, we can all use each others' support.
  • rankailie
    rankailie Posts: 144
    Options
    I am really integrating myself in mfp as I really need to and want to lose weight. I'm motivated way more than I have ever even gotten close to. 3 weeks into my diet and weight loss and seeing big results. Yet one thing I noticed on the forums so far it seems like I'm the only one that needs to lose so much! I'd like some friends I could join on the weight lose journey! I feel like most of the people on this board will be at maintaining long before I even get close to such a dream. Maybe it's just part of being self conscious since I've gained so much weight and I have such a road ahead. Makes me wonder how I could go so wrong with my body.

You're definitely not alone! I had over 100 lbs to lose myself originally. Also noticed your with the 100+ to lose group I'm involved with as well.

If you want feel free to toss me a friend invite, I'm pretty active on the site and I know a lot of the people in the 100+ to lose group are as well.
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Definitely not alone.
  • slim_photographer
    slim_photographer Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Not matter how much you have to lose we all aim for losing 1 to 2 pounds at a time or per week. In that regard every single one of us is united by that common goal. I set out to lose 80 but thinking like that can become overwhelming. It's better to plan to eat right and stay active everything else is just feedback.
    We are all in this together 2/3 of America is overweight yet only some try seriously to change it. Congratulations on making the decision to improve your life, health, fitness, etc.
  • Angwie
    Angwie Posts: 14
    Options
    I struggled with the same thing for a while... Thinking there HAS to be other people who have done this to themselves, I surely can't be the only one! And then I really started searching through the message boards and typed into the search "100+ to lose" and that was my ticket. Found a couple of great threads, and in turn, lots of friends who had common weight loss goals. I added several people who had already LOST the amount I'm trying to lose and asked some of them for tips on how to keep motivated, etc...

Good luck! We can do it!

Oh! Another way to find some people would be to find one person then add them and look through their friends... Chances are, they've got people on their list who have similar weight loss goals too!
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    dont look at it as alot of weight too loose for instance 100lb look at it as 10 x10lbs not so bad then! and if you are true to yourself it will go much faster than you can imagine..
  • peteb79
    peteb79 Posts: 386
    Options
    I felt the same way when I signed up, but the support is here! Even if it is just reading success stories.
  • cschu544
    cschu544 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    You aren't alone. Whether you have to lose 5 or 150 lbs, it's still the same hard work. Everyone is here for support, no one is going to judge you because we've ALL been there fighting the same food temptations. Look at it this way, you've already made the choice to turn your life around, that is the hardest step to take! So congratulations on being here, and start adding some friends! :)
  • krazeestraw
    krazeestraw Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    You're not alone!
    I've had the same thoughts as you but you gotta make the thoughts of "I CAN DO IT" come out louder! :)
  • anna_lisa
    anna_lisa Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    You will be there before know it. And all you mfp ladies will lose way slower. men are lucky in that they have an easier time at a steady loss
  • SueN113
    SueN113 Posts: 46
    Options
    You are not alone at all! I started out with 150 lbs to lose and it has been over a 3 year journey so far! You can do it, just take it one day at a time, we are all here for support!
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    You are not alone my friend. There are people here who have lost that much and completely transformed their lives. We all had to start somewhere. Don't worry too much about your current state. That's already changing. What matters is your future state. And you're already making progress toward that goal. Develop and stick to good routine and good habits and you will get closer to success every day. You can definitely do it. Feel free to send me a friend request.
  • FaeryBaby
    FaeryBaby Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    you're definitely not alone! I'm hoping to lose 120 lbs, but I'm breaking it down into smaller goals so I don't feel overwhelmed
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Many people set the goal to their "Mini" goal. If you look closer they have much more to lose overall.

Best of luck.
  • kaaatielove
    kaaatielove Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Hey! We're all here to lose weight or get in shape some way or another, don't feel alone! Congrats on taking the first step & signing up! You'll do great! :)
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    You're not alone, there's a good number who want to lose as much, and some of us who want to lose more. One of the great things about this place is the diversity. Fitness. Health. Weightloss of a few pounds or a couple hundred. We have it all and we all have the same goal, success!
  • Mariposa187
    Mariposa187 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    There are people it just takes a little time to find them. Maybe post a topic or search one with something like
    "100 or more to lose" and you will find people! Even if we dont have the same amount to lose all the people are great support! But I know what you mean. At first i couldn't find people that were my age looking to get to the same weight range. Over the past few month however I have come across lots! Keep looking :)
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    Thanks, this has just been one of those days. Some days you just finally hit rock bottom. I just think that wow, to get to my high school weight I have to lose 180 pounds and it just hits me when I look at that number. 10 years I've gained 180 pounds. Sorry for getting emotional about it. Just one of those things you look at yourself in the mirror and I just don't understand how I let it happen.