Weight loss is the best decision I ever made.

Options
It changed my whole life. It changed everything.

My journey started with a pair of pants. I was down to my last pair of pants, so I headed into Avenue. I went for my usual size 22s... only to find I couldn't get them past my knees! "Okay, I've gone up to a size 24..." NOPE! Size 26, and they were TIGHT, as in suck in the stomach, a little crisco and I can zip up. WHAAAAT!?! I could just *barely* get the zipper up, but these suckers were super tight on me. Truth be told, I probably fit better into a size 28, but I couldn't do it. That would have put me in the super plus size category, and there was no way in hell I was putting that on my body. Not me. So I said to myself "that's it, I've had enough. I'm taking the size 26 jeans home and I'm going to make them fit my way!" Starting that day, I made changes. I kicked soda and junk food to the curb, started drinking water and exercising every day. Now here I am two years later, down a grand total of 125 pounds and well on my way to Onederland (the 100s).

Enough great things cannot be said about the benefits of weight loss. I went from total couch potato to gym rat, from constant fast food/takeout to eating healthy and cooking my own meals. Before all this, I couldn't even make it up ONE flight of stairs without wanting to pass out. Now I can do four flights no problem. I'm almost out of the plus size range and starting to shop more and more at normal clothing stores. My skin cleared up and health ailments disappeared almost instantly. Everyday I drink at least 64 ounces of water and I now hate soda. I almost never get sick anymore.

My aunt asked me why a pair of pants was the tipping point after everything I'd been through. I told her: "because I am the only one I can blame for going up two sizes in a matter of months." It's a very personal thing. I'm so glad that I did this. I haven't looked back.

fshn3nzsverq.jpg

(PS- I lost more weight after the "After" photo was taken. I am down to 230 pounds)

Replies

• workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on all of your hard work! You look wonderful!
  • dhiammarath
    dhiammarath Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! You look awesome! :smiley:
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look terrific!
  • times60
    times60 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    A big congratulations to you. I can only imagine how hard you worked for this. You are very inspiring
  • WillingtoLose1001984
    Options
    I can relate. Getting to a size 28 and 330 lbs was the tipping point for me too. I could not be the biggest size in Lane Bryant and bed bound!
  • posvi
    posvi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That is awesome, congratulations! I admire your attitude and determination.
  • DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    That is great! Congradulations, I would "woo-hoo" you but I have been told "woo"ing is bad and upsets people.
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Better health and fitness is such a great prize and worth more than anything. Having said that, you have an awesome shape going on there - congratulations!
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Incredible job. You look amazing. I think a lot of us get to that point where something like a pair of pants is the catalyst to change.

You are an inspiration. <3
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    May I just say, "Dayum"?
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    I love love love your story! Thank you so much for sharing.
  • intrigame23
    intrigame23 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! Congratulations 😁
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    WOOHOO!!! You look amazing :smile:
  • carronhavana
    carronhavana Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • peggym4640
    peggym4640 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I can feel your excitement in the post and it makes me happy. Congratulations and I wish you continued success.
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on all your hard work, I’m so happy for you!
  • maureenkhilde
    maureenkhilde Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Simply Amazing and then some. Loved your story of the tipping point. I call mine the enough was enough point. But was very similiar to yours. You have lost a person, and you look really wonderful the smile all the way to the eyes. Keep it up!
  • Kimmotion5783
    Kimmotion5783 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success, and may you have much more in the future! I find your story inspiring. I relate very much to it. In fact, my first thought about your pics was that it could be me.

I've enjoyed some success so far, and am hoping for more as well. I've lost 117 lbs, and would like to lose another 48. Almost there! My weight loss has slowed down considerably lately, but I'll keep plugging away. Feeling better is the best reward!

Congratulations on your weight loss, that is awesome! Way to go!
  • Kimmotion5783
    Kimmotion5783 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I can relate. Getting to a size 28 and 330 lbs was the tipping point for me too. I could not be the biggest size in Lane Bryant and bed bound!

Right?! Nothing is more shocking than getting the dressing room, trying on stuff and finding out you've gone up in size. I went up two sizes in a matter of months. Crazy! Smh. Leading up to it, I had those moments in the car on the drive thru line thinking "I ought to lose weight" and I'd still eat the darn burger despite all the warning signs. But when I put on those larger pants and was nearly sized out of plus size, it was like "I can't do this anymore, something's gotta change."

My aunt asked me "why did a pair of pants make you lose weight?" (I had broken furniture, that's how heavy I was). I thought about it for a moment and realized: clothing holds you accountable. I went up two sizes in months, that was nobody's fault but my own. I always shop at the same store, it's not like I'm walking into the Gap or something where I know things don't fit. It was my own fault and I finally had to own up to it and face it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!