How do you measure butter?

124»

Replies

• earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    perkymommy wrote: »
    Are you using real butter or margarine? Butter has the tbsp with lines you cut on the butter stick. If you cut half of that or less then I'd log it as 1/2 tbsp.

Except when they wrap the paper around the sticks they can be off by as much as 1/2 Tbl. on the 2 ends.
  • geneticsteacher
    geneticsteacher Posts: 623 Member
    PB and Marmite sandwich >:)

:p
  • tess5036
    tess5036 Posts: 942 Member
    angelsja wrote: »
    Put the tub of butter on a digital food scale zero it take out what you want the negative number is how many grams you had

Yep. This is what I do.

Me too
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,935 Member
    I'm 62 and haven't tried one, either. In my case it's probably because <trigger warning> I mostly don't think bread is worth the calories. Meh. ;)[/quote]

You take that back, you take that back right now! How would I make a bacon sandwich?[/quote]

It gets worse: I'm vegetarian, besides. No bacon since 1974 (at least not on purpose).

Howzabout we say this: You can have my share of the bread (mostly) and the bacon (entirely)?

:flowerforyou:
  • amy19355
    amy19355 Posts: 805 Member
    edited October 2018
    flippy1234 wrote: »
    Digital food scale.

But it's not even a measurable amount. Like maybe less than half a teaspoon.

I have a digital scale that measures micrograms and another that measures grams and pounds.
    Amazon is your friend, for $20 or less.

I keep the gram/lb scale on my kitchen counter and the microgram scale in the artist studio for weighing pigments.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,881 Member
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    FireOpalCO wrote: »
    I put a small amount of Kerrygold butter (the best by the way) on my 1 piece of toast in the morning. How should I measure it?

When you can no longer see bread, that's 1 serving.

I think that's for peanut butter... :bigsmile:

Right??? Because the butter melts. You'd keep adding and adding until your bread was soggy, and you'd still see it.

Do you use butter with your peanut butter?

My mom does. Yum!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,881 Member
    I put a small amount of Kerrygold butter (the best by the way) on my 1 piece of toast in the morning. How should I measure it?

Right??? Because the butter melts. You'd keep adding and adding until your bread was soggy, and you'd still see it.

No. People do that?!? :o

Well I do when I make a grilled peanut butter & jelly, just not on the same side of the bread. :)

213361-Oh-My-God-I-m-In-Love.jpg
  • AnnPT77
    COGypsy wrote: »

My grandmother made all of her sandwiches with “cow butter” directly on the bread and then the other toppings after that. PB&J would be bread, cow butter, peanut butter, jelly, cow butter, bread. A regular sandwich would be bread, cow butter, mayo, meat, cheese, cow butter, bread.

Kept them from getting soggy in your lunchbox!

Yup, that's old school! It's remembering this kind of stuff from my childhood that makes me crack up when 20-somethings (or close enough) say that the obesity crisis happened because people eat so much more now than people used to.

Heh.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    I'm 62 and haven't tried one, either. In my case it's probably because <trigger warning> I mostly don't think bread is worth the calories. Meh. ;)

You take that back, you take that back right now! How would I make a bacon sandwich?[/quote]

It gets worse: I'm vegetarian, besides. No bacon since 1974 (at least not on purpose).

Howzabout we say this: You can have my share of the bread (mostly) and the bacon (entirely)?

:flowerforyou:[/quote]

I will take anything free I can get. You can send me some veggies too if you like, especially kale, I really like kale. <3
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    I'm 62 and haven't tried one, either. In my case it's probably because <trigger warning> I mostly don't think bread is worth the calories. Meh. ;)

You take that back, you take that back right now! How would I make a bacon sandwich?

:flowerforyou:[/quote]

I will take anything free I can get. You can send me some veggies too if you like, especially kale, I really like kale. <3
    [/quote]

Nah. All my kale is miiiiiiiine! ;)
  • Mazintrov13
    Mazintrov13 Posts: 133 Member
    I just put the butter on the scale, tare it, cut some off and log the negative amount. I do this with items such as peanut butter and other spreads as well, it’s the most accurate
  • TrishSeren
    TrishSeren Posts: 587 Member
    I use a digital food scale. I put the butter tub on it, zero it out, butter my toast and see what I used. Simple.