Nausea, feeling ill - down 40 lbs in 79 days.

So, i recently quit drinking alcohol, about 45 days ago. When i drank i drank a lot of calories and binge ate. When i don't drink my diet is really good, i stick around 1800-2000 calories a day. Sometimes around dinner i feel like crap, dizzy, nausea, ill. And today this morning i feel the same, no energy, blech....
I have lost 40 lbs in 79 days of dieting, and i am in no way starving myself.
Im wanting to know if anyone else has had this, is it the calorie intake, toxins releasing into my blood stream or anything else.?

I had blood work at the doctor and he said i am healthy, good bp, cholesterol, no other issues.

Replies

• adamyovanovich
    adamyovanovich Posts: 163 Member
    I am
    32 year old
    5'8"
    310 lbs currently, was 350 79 days ago.

I have an office job, some days i sit all day, some days i do camera installs, so its more activity.
    I take the kids swimming 2 days a week, but nothing strenuous, just fun.'

I have dieted in 2016 and lost 60 lbs doing mfp and calorie counting, and i ate 2000 then too, so i know it works. But i quit drinking this time around and there was a ton of calories in that, so maybe 2000 back then plus the drinking calories a few times a week made it better?..

Ill try adding a few hundred to 2200 for a week or two, see if i feel better.
  • hroderick
    hroderick Posts: 756 Member
    It is easy to become depressed and discouraged. I think it is important to fill the void left by ending past habits with great new ones. Something that's almost certain to lift you up is serving others. Check out www.justserve.org for some opportunities near you. I expect you'll be glad you did.
  • adamyovanovich
    adamyovanovich Posts: 163 Member
    Thanks for the input, i had done the 2000 before and didnt have the problem, but drank a bunch of calories too, which i never logged, so im guessing even though most where empty calories they still where fuel. I appreciate the feedback and the help. I will up my calories.
  • It's possible that 1800-2000 is low, depending on your height/weight, activity level and excersise stats. I'm 270, 6'1, moderately active and with 45-60 minutes of weight training my daily cals are at 2500 even at a 1000 cal deficit.