Today is my 44th birthday and 5 year maintenance anniversary! (with pix)

Options
RunsWithBees
RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
In December 2012 I decided enough was enough and got my act together to lose weight. I lost 17 lbs on my own by walking and “eating better” then plateaued. A coworker mentioned this site and I started using it and losing weight again. I began hiking as well as walking, luckily I live in a hilly area with many trails. I had promised myself I’d be a healthy weight by my next bday in October 2013 and ended up losing 43 lbs over 10 months to achieve my goal! I did stop using the app for 2 years after reaching goal to take a break from logging and did ok but regained 13 lbs when I had a change in activity at work but just started logging again and lost those pounds (don’t remember the timeframe but it was slooooow) and got back to my goal weight of 167 lbs (I’m 5’11”). I became a runner and discovered my passion for trail running! After a lifetime of being sedentary, now I try to stay as active as possible by running, walking, hiking, biking and swimming. And I count my calories, I’ve become quite good at guesstimating food’s caloric value, portions and exercise calorie burns but this has happened only through trial and error and waiting and watching how my weight reacts as well as being completely honest with myself. Patience is definitely key! I weigh myself once a week and only allow myself a 3 lb buffer and adjust my calories/activity accordingly if needed. For me, activity has become an absolute necessity to keep my weight in check and feel my best. Currently I’m maintaining at 167 lbs and feel fantastic! I can hardly believe it’s been 5 years!

I’ll add the pix as comments...

Replies

• sarahlucindac
    sarahlucindac Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday! You look much younger than 44 to me. Well done, you really look fantastic! Congratulations on finding a form of exercise that you love ❤️
  • RunsWithBees
    Options
    zkcyz5d2sdsj.jpeg
    Runnin’ on one of my favorite paved trails.
  • RunsWithBees
    Options
    1jr51lzbopaa.jpeg
    Dusted off my ol bike and started doing some riding this year. I hadn’t ridden my bike in like 3 or 4 years!
  • RunsWithBees
    Options
    0gk9vlad976n.jpeg
    Chillin’ out by the pool.
  • RunsWithBees
    edited October 2018
    Options
    kg4qrigrb507.png
    Feeling fantastic, jumping for joy!
  • RunsWithBees
    Options
    7h2m7h0myw58.jpeg
    Did some hiking, trail running and rock climbing that day!
  • RunsWithBees
    Options
    99jwil3fgq4u.png
    I heart, heart, heart trail running! I go out there every chance I get!
  • RunsWithBees
    edited October 2018
    Options
    jee4w65zf3az.jpeg
    Running together <3
  • swim777
    swim777 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday!! Congratulations on meeting your goals and maintaining!
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Congrats that is amazing
  • TeamNemesisSteve
    TeamNemesisSteve Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    First off: Happy Birthday! I’ve know you for quite a while here on MFP and you are very inspiring! So much so that you motivated me to run more even when others said it was too much. You have done an amazing job my awesome friend!!
  • RunsWithBees
    Options
    Happy birthday! You look much younger than 44 to me. Well done, you really look fantastic! Congratulations on finding a form of exercise that you love ❤️

Thanks!!! I feel about 10 years younger now that I workout regularly! :)

• RunsWithBees
    Options
    swim777 wrote: »
    Happy Birthday!! Congratulations on meeting your goals and maintaining!

Thank you! :)
  • RunsWithBees
    Options
    Congrats that is amazing

Thanks! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!