what is the absolute worst "food" you've ever tasted?

Options
1235»

Replies

• MisoSoup79
    Options
    Anything spoiled or poorly prepared - ever had badly made mussels? They smell like @$$.
    Feta in chunks that are too big - some things are meant to be eaten in small amounts.

And the worst taste ever? Not a food ... The mouth of a smoker. Yuck. Particularly after he has coffee. I can't think of a nastier smell/taste. Refer back to badly made mussels for the closest match.

My worst "non-food" substance goes along with yours kind of... I was in the back seat of the car as a kid and my mom was going to the drive-thru liquor store. It was mid-summer in Phoenix, I was hot and cranky and about 7 years old. I begged her to get me a pop and she refused to waste money on a can of pop (cause Jim Beam and Beer were way more important!) So I grabbed the beer can that was sitting in the console and took a huge gulp.... :indifferent: :sick: and then realized it was about 115 degrees AND had been used as an ASHTRAY!!! :sick: :sick: I felt so sick and cried all the way home!

OMG, been there done that on the way to a summer concert, everyone knew I was headed for it, and no one stopped me....with friends like that....

I swigged chew spit out of a mountain dew bottle by mistake. It was dark, both bottles in the console holders... Had just gotten back in the car from playing ouija in the cemetary... grabbed and swigged. And barfed and barfed... and barfed some more. Those spirits got back at me for playing in their home!

OMG... that's one of my worst nightmares! That definitely tops ashes and butts! EEE:EEGGGHHHH...... :sick: :sick: :sick:
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Another bad one for me is fish and seafood. Never eat anything that swims in its own pee!!!
    You are the ONLY other person who I have ever heard say that. I can't eat anything that swims in it's own poo!!!!!
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I can't do boiled cabbage. I tried but for some reason it just will not go down!

I'm a texture person too therefore, I don't like mushrooms, too spongy, bananas too mushy but I like banana flavored things, I don't like hairy food either, so no peaches or okra and I can't eat chicken legs because of the veins!!! Grossssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Memaw
  • bugmagnt
    bugmagnt Posts: 150
    Options
    What I can't stand is the smell of artificially flavored peach yogurt. Now THAT makes me gag. Artificial peach smell in general. Yuck. I also feel sick when I smell fast food on a plane. In those cramped quarters, the smell of grease is about all I can take.

I know what you mean about the smell of artificial flavored peach...sometimes it smells like kerosene. (Of course, I do have a yummy recipe for cooked peaches and plums for fruit dumplings. I grew up with this as a comfort food, but only cook when my husband isn't home, because he hates that cooked peach smell..)

As for yogurt, the only kind I can eat is the thick and creamy custard-like yogurt. The other kind is gross; I guess too much yogurt taste?.... and I tried the whipped yogurt once -- Yuck!
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    I love cottage cheese. And I love jello and pudding. But who decided that cottage cheese and jello or cottage cheese and pudding would be good together? Aaacccckkkk! and Iiiiccccckkkkk!
  • ErinRNinMaine
    ErinRNinMaine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Anything spoiled or poorly prepared - ever had badly made mussels? They smell like @$$.
    Feta in chunks that are too big - some things are meant to be eaten in small amounts.

And the worst taste ever? Not a food ... The mouth of a smoker. Yuck. Particularly after he has coffee. I can't think of a nastier smell/taste. Refer back to badly made mussels for the closest match.

My worst "non-food" substance goes along with yours kind of... I was in the back seat of the car as a kid and my mom was going to the drive-thru liquor store. It was mid-summer in Phoenix, I was hot and cranky and about 7 years old. I begged her to get me a pop and she refused to waste money on a can of pop (cause Jim Beam and Beer were way more important!) So I grabbed the beer can that was sitting in the console and took a huge gulp.... :indifferent: :sick: and then realized it was about 115 degrees AND had been used as an ASHTRAY!!! :sick: :sick: I felt so sick and cried all the way home!

OMG, been there done that on the way to a summer concert, everyone knew I was headed for it, and no one stopped me....with friends like that....

I swigged chew spit out of a mountain dew bottle by mistake. It was dark, both bottles in the console holders... Had just gotten back in the car from playing ouija in the cemetary... grabbed and swigged. And barfed and barfed... and barfed some more. Those spirits got back at me for playing in their home!

Yup, seen this happen before. Another reason why chew is NASTY!!!
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    Candy Corn:indifferent: Sushi:sick: Mussels:indifferent: Anything with a grape flavor :sick: :sick: Sweet Potatoes :indifferent:

There are actually a lot of foods that I like, so it's hard to pick out ones I don't...
  • JennaH
    JennaH Posts: 59
    Options
    Liver
    Brussel Sprouts
    Menudo (Mexican tripe soup)
    fried pork fat
    I also don't really like the "mystery-meat-on-a-stick" they grill out on the street here in Thailand. The texture is really spongy and it is completely unidentifiable.
    BBQ crickets arn't great either