Let it GO! Decluttering (simplifying) your life of (people, places or things) success stories?

Replies

• snoo61
    snoo61 Posts: 549 Member
    snoo61 wrote: »
    I have my grandmother's butter cookie recipe, so delicious! We didn't have any damage at our house, but our rental is destroyed. Waiting to hear from the insurance company, taking a while because there are so many. I'm ok with it, others are in so much worse shape, losing homes. No one was in our rental, no one hurt! (A tree fell on the house) I told Michelle( renter) I don't care about the damage as long as she and her kids are ok! They stayed with her mom during the storm. I can only thank God.

I'm thanking and praising God for His Mercy right with you. That's some SCARY stuff {{{Hugs}}} and as also, I LOVE your attitude about this and so much other stuff--just LOVE it!

My butter cookies ought to be against the law :D , they are soooo good, so utterly simple to make and yet CRAZY good!

2 sticks (1 cup) softened butter
    2/3 cup granulated sugar
    2 cups plus 2 tablespoons flour
    2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add vanilla extract. Mix in flour in small increments. Roll dough into balls; then Flatten dough balls with three middle fingers on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake until golden brown.

Makes about 1 1/2 dozen.

Will look like this:
    cookie.jpeg?quality=85&strip=all&w=640

Will taste like this:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQEmivespQLlKTNpP0JYJ_0KU0QeGVmFRjl7TzN1-846fa0QzJG

smiles_419.gif

They look delicious! And so easy! Fall is finally here, and I'm ready to stock up the freezer with cookies!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    I have my grandmother's butter cookie recipe, so delicious! We didn't have any damage at our house, but our rental is destroyed. Waiting to hear from the insurance company, taking a while because there are so many. I'm ok with it, others are in so much worse shape, losing homes. No one was in our rental, no one hurt! (A tree fell on the house) I told Michelle( renter) I don't care about the damage as long as she and her kids are ok! They stayed with her mom during the storm. I can only thank God.

I'm thanking and praising God for His Mercy right with you. That's some SCARY stuff {{{Hugs}}} and as also, I LOVE your attitude about this and so much other stuff--just LOVE it!

My butter cookies ought to be against the law :D , they are soooo good, so utterly simple to make and yet CRAZY good!

2/3 cup granulated sugar

Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add vanilla extract. Mix in flour in small increments. Roll dough into balls; then Flatten dough balls with three middle fingers on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake until golden brown.

Makes about 1 1/2 dozen.

Will look like this:

Will taste like this:

smiles_419.gif

They look delicious! And so easy! Fall is finally here, and I'm ready to stock up the freezer with cookies!

Yes indeed, they are mega delicious and actually very filling, as they are quite heavy/thick cookies too. You know how old fashioned stuff is/was...don't need a lot to get full.

Snoo, are you going to be putting the cookie dough in the freezer or the already baked cookies? I've never thought of freezing cookies. Also, there usually aren't any left to freeze actually...homemade cookies don't last long anytime around here.
  • snoo61
    edited October 2018

2/3 cup granulated sugar

Makes about 1 1/2 dozen.

Will look like this:

Will taste like this:

smiles_419.gif

Yes indeed, they are mega delicious and actually very filling, as they are quite heavy/thick cookies too. You know how old fashioned stuff is/was...don't need a lot to get full.

Snoo, are you going to be putting the cookie dough in the freezer or the already baked cookies? I've never thought of freezing cookies. Also, there usually aren't any left to freeze actually...homemade cookies don't last long anytime around here.

I freeze the cookies. Every time (except this week) I make cookies, I freeze a dozen. Nice to have when its too hot to bake. My grandma always had cookies in the freezer in case any grandkids walked over. :smile:
    I've also frozen dough.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member

2/3 cup granulated sugar

Makes about 1 1/2 dozen.

Will look like this:

Will taste like this:

smiles_419.gif

I freeze the cookies. Every time (except this week) I make cookies, I freeze a dozen. Nice to have when its too hot to bake. My grandma always had cookies in the freezer in case any grandkids walked over. :smile:
    I've also frozen dough.

What an absolutely tremendous idea...THANKS Snoo! o:)
  • snoo61

2/3 cup granulated sugar

Makes about 1 1/2 dozen.

Will look like this:

Will taste like this:

smiles_419.gif

I've also frozen dough.

What an absolutely tremendous idea...THANKS Snoo! o:)

You can also make Christmas cookies ahead this way. Just don't put frosting on until they thaw. Makes the holidays less hectic!
  • snoo61
    Sorted socks, that were hanging around in the laundry basket, today. Threw most of them out! Tried on a pair of PJ's that was in there, I got them on! They are tight, can't wear them, but I couldn't get them on in April!
    Thanks for the ideas!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,685 Member
    @LindaGilpin59 - That's a good way of doing it. I just move the clothes I don't wear out of the way day after day until I realize that it's been months and then I toss it.

I have dwindled my clothes down to almost nothing, I really need to do some shopping but refuse to do so until I'm a smaller size.
  • snoo61
    @LindaGilpin59 - That's a good way of doing it. I just move the clothes I don't wear out of the way day after day until I realize that it's been months and then I toss it.

I have dwindled my clothes down to almost nothing, I really need to do some shopping but refuse to do so until I'm a smaller size.

Are you sure you're not in a smaller size? The reason I ask, is that I didn't see that I was. My daughter pointed out that my new shirts were too big. :)
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,685 Member

Are you sure you're not in a smaller size? The reason I ask, is that I didn't see that I was. My daughter pointed out that my new shirts were too big. :)

Well... I know my shirts could all be a large now instead of XL in the shoulders and torso. The problem is I have bought a couple of large's and the sleeves are too short. I also am concerned about being too tight across the boobs. I developed very young and really don't like drawing attention to them. I am working on trying to overcome this. My pants are all a size 12, I think if I go to a size 10 right now they will cause a muffin top. I may have to put up with that though as I'm getting tired of taking two steps and then pulling my pants up! LOL
  • snoo61

Well... I know my shirts could all be a large now instead of XL in the shoulders and torso. The problem is I have bought a couple of large's and the sleeves are too short. I also am concerned about being too tight across the boobs. I developed very young and really don't like drawing attention to them. I am working on trying to overcome this. My pants are all a size 12, I think if I go to a size 10 right now they will cause a muffin top. I may have to put up with that though as I'm getting tired of taking two steps and then pulling my pants up! LOL

I'm pulling my pants up all the time too. Being in between sizes is giving my arms a workout! :p
  • LindaGilpin59
    LindaGilpin59 Posts: 233 Member

I kept some summer clothes for next year as my size hasn't changed much this year but am determined to get back to losing so by next summer they won't fit.
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,155 Member
    Just reading your tips everyone ! Thanks for posting - I'm inspired to clean and declutter tomorrow 😊
  • snoo61
    Count down to meeting my 6+ years (started Mfp 6+ LONG years ago at 219.8lbs) to meet/WELCOMING of the so-called "normal" BMI weight. GOAL=153lbs after vainly and tirelessly trying EVERYTHING in the book over the past 6+ years to permanently LET GO of the excess, unhealthy, unattractive, unnecessary fat and yuck from out of my mind/heart/spirit, and off of my body AND out of my environment/life ).

Finally after ALL this time and continuing PROCESS of, "learning&doing/applying what I'm learning DAILY" to LET IT GO AND DON'T LOOK BACK (decluttering and humbling myself to get rid of ALL of the "mess and stress" from out of my head, heart, spirit, letting GO of toxic relationships and toxic THINKING/BEHAVING myself and out of my home (inside and outside) has been a major KEY to my success (at long last)--starting in November/December of 2017
    vheco40m3s1h.jpeg

66ekq40gatco.png

As of today, I'm 157.6lbs and that's 4,6lbs away from my goal of 153lbs (aka no longer obese, no longer overweight). After that, I'll be making a new goal of 139-145lbs.

I'm posting this to let you all know that taking your time, getting rid of/LETTING GO of the stress and mess out of your lives will help you reach all kinds of goals, including weight blastification, it really will. Will you still/continue to have stress and mess in your life after meeting your weight blastification goals and totally decluttering? YEP, you will and that's part of the joy/fun of living...learning and the fabulous MAINTENANCE state of all we're doing. Getting there is one fabulous stage, MAINTAINING your wins is a whole nother wonderful kettle of fish. Why wonderful? Because maintance will keep us humble and help us to live the rest of our lives being not mere champions, but ever learning and growing-I LOVE THAT!!

Also please know that if/since I can do this, literally ANYONE CAN, for realz--BOOM o:)<3o:)

ETA: I am accomplishing this success by eating whatever I want to (NO RESTRICTIONS ON ANYTHING AT ALL--this includes a lot of eating/dining out and junk foods). The major difference is that I am eating far smaller portions of whatever I eat and less frequently than when I was obese/fat. I'm actually eating a lot like when I was stick skinny in my youth and before children. I also am NOT and have not exercised AT ALL. The only "exercise" I am doing is N.E.A.T. exercising=decluttering, household chores, (daily) and walking to and from the grocery store instead of driving (2-3 times per week--about 4-5 miles in total-back and forth). Also, I REFUSE to allow stress and mess to overcome me now. LETTING GO of toxic people. places and things is a major contributing factor in my winning these battles of the bulge and decluttering/mess/messy thinking and living

Hey gang!

LOT o' stuff going on in and thru me and my life and it's "all good" as they say (do "they" still say that)?!?
    Lot's of LETTING it go in so many areas of my life, lots of being humbled and a lot of humbling myself and may I say I LOVE it--humbling myself is the BEST thing/experience/lifestyle/choice EVER--oh how I WISH I would have learned to humble myself in every area of my life earlier in my life, when I was younger--but Thank God Almighty, it's never to late to CHANGE/LET IT GO (until you're dead) I'm so GRATEFUL that The True and Only Living God is teaching me how to live and think and be--SO VERY THANKFUL. How I used to hate and resist change and used to so foolishly consider humbling myself as something to be avoided at all cost and to be foolish at best and insulting/offensive at least--I WAS WRONG, humbling oneself (admitting one is or at least can be wrong about something you feel super strongly that you are right about--but you're NOT and you FINALLY not only admit it, but TURN FROM IT--REPENT and turning around 180/360 degrees and going in the opposite direction, no matter how painful, no matter how irritating,no matter how embarrassing/fearful--TURNING THE OPPOSITE direction of how I think or feel) now I see being humbled/humbling myself as nothing less than FABULOUS! Why? Because as I humble myself guess what happens? I LEARN and CHANGE and gain the power/ability/williness/desire to APPLY life lessons that I learn faster and with more joy than if I'm not being humbled and choosing to HUMBLE myself under The Mighty Hand of God, so that He lifts me up (when He's ready to, not because of my humbling myself. I'm His servant, NOT the other way around...He doesn't "Serve/obey/trade with me ever, at all (you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours deal--NO WAY, He is God and I am not--He doesn't owe me ANYTHING, but the deepest, darkness, hottest, godless portion of Hell itself--I owe Him EVERYTHING, all of my time, devotion, worship and life in/on this godless earth and for His enduring continual MERCY upon me, period. ) also part of humbling oneself is the WAITING for change with a smile on my face and hope in my mind/heart and humbling myself helps me to see errors of "my ways" and RUN to follow/obey/wait-on Him and His Way, His Truth and His Life...okay, so here's what's happening in my weight blastification:

No scale loss since last post BUT....
    my waist has gone down 1 inch, my hips are down .5 inches, my chest is down .5 inches, my butt is down 1 inch--that equals 3 whole inches of fat/flab/ugh/yuck FOREVER gone to the place where the sun will NEVER shine.

My bodyfat% is 19%!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!!!

My stomach is @28 inches gone down from when I first re-started this wonderful (FULL of wonder) LET IT GO business down from 44 inches since Nov/Dec. 2017--that's a big ole 16 inches off of my stomach. My stomach was soooo huge when I first started, it looked like the sizes of 2 (maybe 2.5) basketballs under my shirt. Now it looks like a little less than soccer ball--it's AMAZING! Also, my bodyfat percentage is now 19%...when I first started last Nov/Dec it was 48+%. The total number of inches off of head, neck, chest, shoulders, waist, hips, butt, stomach arms and legs are nothing less than miraculous--I'm not going to give a specific amount now, but I'll bet it's something like 30-50 inches off of my body since I started this LET IT GO business. I look and feel like I'm at least 20, even 30 years younger than I am.

MY SIZE 12s are getting too loose, :smiley: I can pull them down/off without unbuttoning nor unzipping them--ALREADY!!! I'm so GLAD I learned my lesson from sizes 16-14 to NOT buy a lot of size 12s, not a lot of any size until I'm done. I'd like to be done when I'm a size 8, which for me would be about 135-140lbs. I'm 157.6lbs now.

WHEWWWWWW! o:)<3o:)

There you are, I was getting a little worried. You are doing so fabulously! Seriously impressive and inspiring!
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Wow..so impressed with your success. Wondering how you are doing it...16 inches off your waist! Wowza!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,929 Member
    Not much to add to what others are saying. Letting it go is so liberating. Love reading all,your posts.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!