Ripped in 30 starting week of August 14 - any takers?

Options

Replies

• frats
    frats Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Okay, just finished second day of week one and I am more sore now than when I first woke up! Wow, don't want to think about how I will feel tomorrow morning!

I was the same way after the first two days. I took Day 3 off and have felt much better since. I have a feeling it is going to take a turn for the worse once I start week two!
  • frats
    Options
    Week one done!! I think I will take tomorrow off (maybe...) before I start week 2. I am trying not to get discouraged, but when I stepped on the scale today I was up 2 lbs from last week. I know it's only week 1 and I shouldn't expect miracles but I was hoping to at least maintain my weight! :explode:

On another note, how many of you have tried to flip your weight in your hand like Jillian does when she first picks them up??:wink:
  • Kat0310
    Kat0310 Posts: 341
    Options
    Okay, I gave in this morning and did a level 2 of 6 wk/6 pk. I couldn't resist, I just love that w/o so much :wink:

I'll try to get in my walk this evening also.

Have a great day everyone!
  • jj1983
    jj1983 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I did RI30 two nights ago so I can see what I'm in for starting Saturday - ohhhhh my hamstrings STILL hurt! Can't wait to get back into my newly found workout routine. I feel like a blob only having worked out once in the last two weeks.
  • hcn74
    hcn74 Posts: 214
    Options
    Hey all! How's it going? What are your thoughts on the timing of this thing? Are you supposed to do each week 7 times, taking 1-2 days off, so it takes 8-9 days, or are you supposed to spend one week on week one, so you workout 5-6 days, and take 1-2 days off before moving on? It's Ripped in 30, but if you do 4 1-week workouts, that's 28 days. Am I completely overthinking this unnecessarily?

Today is my first rest day, and I'm happy about that. I'm doing other workouts throughout the day, but I needed the psychological boost of knowing that I had today off from Jillian. It's weird, because I actually like the workout (inasmuch as you can like that sort of thing, of course).

Have a great day, and please share your thoughts on the timing. I'll also post in my little newsfeed. Thanks!
  • frats
    Options
    I was going to ask the same question, but could't figure out the wording. Yours was good! I am not sure what the "recommmended" time line is. I think I've already said that I am going to listen to my body. With level one I needed a day off adter day 2, but was able to go straight through the rest of the week. Initially I planned to break between levels too, but I might jump right into level two tomorrow. I think they probably called it Ripped in 30 because of the "30 days, 30 minutes, 30 seconds" thing. Ripped in 28 or Ripped in 32 just doesn't have the same effect!

Enjoy your rest day!
  • MollyNan
    MollyNan Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I did it for the third day even though I have to almost fall into the sitting position because I am so sore! Really, even when I walk I can feel every muscle!
  • Kat0310
    Kat0310 Posts: 341
    Options
    I decided to do something a little different today and got on my elliptical for 30 minutes. :) I'll try to get my evening walk in later today also.

TGIF!!! :happy:
  • MollyNan
    MollyNan Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Well day 4 seemed to go much quicker! I'm not as sore and I can tell that my stamina is building. I think I might actually enjoy doing these workouts! lol

Thanks for the encouragement yesterday, I'm glad that I pushed through the soreness.
  • SunnyDispo619
    Options
    Hey all! How's it going? What are your thoughts on the timing of this thing? Are you supposed to do each week 7 times, taking 1-2 days off, so it takes 8-9 days, or are you supposed to spend one week on week one, so you workout 5-6 days, and take 1-2 days off before moving on? It's Ripped in 30, but if you do 4 1-week workouts, that's 28 days. Am I completely overthinking this unnecessarily?

Today is my first rest day, and I'm happy about that. I'm doing other workouts throughout the day, but I needed the psychological boost of knowing that I had today off from Jillian. It's weird, because I actually like the workout (inasmuch as you can like that sort of thing, of course).

Have a great day, and please share your thoughts on the timing. I'll also post in my little newsfeed. Thanks!

I wondered the same about the timing. I decided to do 6 days of each workout before moving onto the next one.

One more day to go for week 1 - I'm a little behind due to a particularly grueling work week...14 hour days forced me to take two days off from all working out...Ugh. Back at it today!
  • jj1983
    jj1983 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody - started level 1 today! Anyone else work out hungover today? Man the workout part wasn't bad it was just after all that exertion hangover went temporarily from a baby one to 10 for about 20 minutes......Looking forward to getting back into my usual routine now that my inlaws have gone back home
  • frats
    Options
    Kudos to you for actually doing it hungover! I would have started tomorrow!
  • frats
    Options
    Week 2 Day 1 DONE! Everything is a lot harder than week 1. I am really not liking the tables. My arms feel like they are too short!
  • SunnyDispo619
    Options
    Week 2 Day 1 DONE! Everything is a lot harder than week 1. I am really not liking the tables. My arms feel like they are too short!

I just finished week 1 and previewed week 2....I'm so nervous....you're message confirms my fears! Lol! Congrats to you for continuing on...we can do this!
  • hcn74
    hcn74 Posts: 214
    Options

Agreed! I did Week 2 Day 1 last night, and it was tough. It has me very fearful of weeks 3 and 4, but I'll just take it one day at a time. I'm not terribly sore, though, so there's that.

Good luck, everyone, and have a great week!
  • frats
    Options
    Week 2 Day 2! I wonder if I look as sexy as Jillian and the girls when I am doing smoe of those moves.....:laugh:
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    I started Day 1, Week 1 today, and it was pretty easy. Not too bad, but it had me sweating and burning off 300 calories.
  • Gabika
    Gabika Posts: 26
    Options
    i start week 2 day 1 tomorrow, just had a sneak at the moves, God that looks tough! under what exercise section do you put this dvd? I just select circuit general?? is that correct? ta
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    i start week 2 day 1 tomorrow, just had a sneak at the moves, God that looks tough! under what exercise section do you put this dvd? I just select circuit general?? is that correct? ta

Yep.
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    Okay. I'm going to have to re-start this DVD. Last week I was so very inconsistent. Starting over with week 1.